Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

network problem

• 05-08-2005 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭

I have a network set up with a linksys wireless g adsl gateway.I am trying to connect two laptops to it.I can connect to either laptop but not both.The message I get is,"you might not be able to access the internet or some network resources.This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer."
    I need a second address I think.How do I add this? (windows xp on all)
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

I don't have that specific router you mentioned, but you can turn on DHCP to assign a larger range of numbers. it may only be set to assign 1 address at the moment.

or you can give your laptops IP addresses manually. let me know if you want more details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭seanogal

Thanks for reply.How do you assign them manually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

El loco here is the linksys config screen for you to aid him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

http://www.hotcomm.com/FAQ/FAQ_staticIPXP.asp

dont worry about the tutorial being for 98/me same for ALL windows.

here is an example of mine using this and the above screen you should be able to figure it out.

Opti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭seanogal

Thanks for your help.Problem solved.I cant believe it was that simple.Now I have a usb connector and a network card that I dont need.Bought both tryng to solve the problem.You live and learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

boards is the place to sell it! :) glad you're sorted. :)

Advertisement