Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logging into esat broadband

• 05-08-2005 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Hey guys i got a work mates pc here to fix, im currently in his living room (im over for a few beers) he has bt broadband aswell but has forgotten his username and password on the modem, you know the one yourname@btbb.ie or yourname@iolbb now heres my question, if i add in my username and password into his modem his net connection works, what if i leave him continuing to use his internet with my usernamer and password, does it in effect do anything like? will both our connections not work at the same time?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

neon_glows wrote:
    Hey guys i got a work mates pc here to fix, im currently in his living room (im over for a few beers) he has bt broadband aswell but has forgotten his username and password on the modem, you know the one yourname@btbb.ie or yourname@iolbb now heres my question, if i add in my username and password into his modem his net connection works, what if i leave him continuing to use his internet with my usernamer and password, does it in effect do anything like? will both our connections not work at the same time?

I presume he would use up your download allowance! Plus if he did anything naughty presumably it could be traced to you rather than him? Get him to ring up and find out his username and password and hes obviously drinking too much if amnesia has set in at presumably such a young age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

I think the user:pass of each BT customer is tied to their telephone number...though im not sure.

If it works though, Im 90% certain his activity and your activity will on be logged onto your account and thus you could have very extreme data transfer figures every month....though Im only guessing!

Give it a go...otherwise use your head and ring up customer support and ask them to change the password!
    It will take 24hours for the change to take place...and your friend can use their own info to log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

If it does work, your cap will be port independant so he will be using your cap.

if it doesn't, the connection is port dependant so wont work.

Advertisement