Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freemans Catalogue

• 05-08-2005 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody orders from Freemans?

Are they any good? Have they a good selection of clothes.

I was going to order a catalogue it's €7, I just don't want to bother if it's no good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Harsh charging for a catalogue. After all, it is basically advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Trying to make a profit off you before you buy a single item of clothing? Not a good sign imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Yes I know it's a little harsh alright. They offer different good to english and international users on their website.

I was just wondering if the goods of their website were their whole collection because if it is i'm not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 funnylily

Order throught the website and they send you a catalogue.

I'm sending the dress I bought back cause it was nothing like the picture - very bad quality and about 4 inches too short - supposed to be full length - I'm 5 8 so the model must have been tiny!

Rubbish - won't buy from them again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had a look at the Freeman's website and I'm not impressed either. Can't believe they charge for the catalogue. I was actually thinking of trying Littlewoods (formally Family Album), got a free catalogue today. Does anyone have any experience with Littlewoods? I know it does a credit thing but if I just paid the full amount straight away i wouldn't get charged anything extra would I? Also find it a little odd that they approved me for an account based on the fact that I'm an unemployed person who moved to rented accommodation a month ago. (I'm actually a student in student accommodation but they don't know that!!)

OP you should try Littlewoods (depending on the responses here!!). At least order a catalogue at www.littlewoodsireland.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

littlerwoods approve everyone, no dis janeybabe! they make most of their money from people who maybe cannot afford to pay out for clothes in one go, so people pay huge intrest rates on their credit. apart from that if you read the description and really examine their stuff you cant go much wrong, ive gotten a good bit of stuff from them, paying out all togther is a good idea, they are more pricey than the high street but you somstimes get things that you might not get otherwise. sizing on labels (miss sixty, diesel etc) tends to be tiny, but their own label stuff is cut fairly normal if not a little generous. by the way freemans sent me a catalogue free of charge, i assumed it was cos i was with littlewoods. take note that freeemans charge for delivery of your order but littlewoods do not, and if you have to return items you must pay p&p yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

I ordered the freemans catalogue from their website during the summer and got it free of charge so charging for it must be a recent thing. I got a discount on my first order as well - I think it was 10% off.

The freemans website www.freemans.ie contains everything in the catalogue so it will give you an idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I ordered a freemans catalogue there about two weeks ago and got it free. Also got the 10% offer mentioned by giggles. It's worth a look for free, but wouldn't pay for it. Just go onto the website and there was a link there to request a catalogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Does the Freemans discount apply regardless of how long you were registered with them?? I was about to order my first item with Littlewoods and they wouldn't give me the discount. It transpired that I had to apply and buy my first item at the same time to avail of the discount. (I applied about 2 days before.) Just wondering if the same thing applies to Freemans??

• Advertisement
Advertisement