Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

99' Daewoo matiz head gasket....

Options
  • 05-08-2005 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

any idea on how much a head gasket for a daewoo matiz would cost to replace. I have a mechanic friend who would do it for free,but im just wondering on the price of the parts. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Don't mean to state the obvious, but.....

Phone a Daewoo dealer and get a price for the parts required ?

......Then add the cost of getting the head 'skimmed' (if the engine has been badly overheated, the head will need to be 'skimmed' - cost c.€50-€80).

I'd imagine the labour cost would be c.€150-200.

Silvera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

But dealers take time and charge more money for something i can get online for cheaper. I dont have to worry about labour costs,thanks to mr.mechanic my new best friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Your mechanic friend will likely not have a skimming machine, so he may have to pay for that to be done as already pointed out. If the head warped then it doesn't matter how many new gaskets you put in-it'll leak oil/water. A head gasket is cheap when bought spurious, probably c. €25. for the gasket and stretch bolts if you need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I have to ask, how did you blow the head gasket on a matiz??

Advertisement