Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE coverage of the champions league final.

• 06-08-2005 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a copy of the RTE coverage from that night, including the half time analysis. I havent seen it and would really really like to get my hands on a copy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

no. I do have the sky coverage though, with all the ads edited out if thats any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i wanna see the rte coverage just to hear what dunphy had to say....couldnt hear him in the pub because of the celebrations :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

el rabitos wrote:
    i wanna see the rte coverage just to hear what dunphy had to say....couldnt hear him in the pub because of the celebrations :D

He went on about how Liverpool are still an average team and that the best team doesn't always win knockout competitions, but that the best team does win the league. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Bateman wrote:
    He went on about how Liverpool are still an average team and that the best team doesn't always win knockout competitions, but that the best team does win the league. :)

Thats a fair point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

you wont get a rise out of me!!

Champions of europe RTE coverage wanted here :D

• Advertisement

you wont get a rise out of me!!

Champions of europe RTE coverage wanted here :D

What rise are you looking for,was merely pointing out how it's a valid point. Chelsea deserved to win the league as they were consistent,whereas in Europe Liverpool were lucky (which is all you need sometimes in knockout comps, and lets face it, it's all the pool had going for them :D )

Need any further proof, just look at how Greece won the Euro championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Stekelly wrote:
    no. I do have the sky coverage though, with all the ads edited out if thats any good.

You do?! :eek: Does it have everything - the entire build up, half time, post match etc? Is it on DVD or video? I'd love to get a copy of that if possible? Any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Going a bit off topic, can you buy this type of thing directly off RTE? Like say you went in and asked for the Ireland Holland game in 2001 or some world cup final or something, would they have it on tape and be able to make a copy for you if you asked them? And if so, how much would it cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Library Sales

To obtain a copy of a programme transmitted by RTÉ please email the Library with your request at:
    librarysales@rte.ie

kdjac

Ah that's excellent, I may get some old matches off of them.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

let us know the cost involved.

I sent them an e-mail and this is what they had to say, it was an automated responce (In Irish and in English) but here's the important bit
    Private individuals requesting copies of RTÉ Television programmes or news,
    please note:

RTÉ Television Libraries and Archives is currently unable to process your
    research due to a large volume of enquiries from members of the public at
    this time. RTÉ Television Libraries and Archives hopes to re-instate the
    service in the coming months and would advise you to re-submit your request
    at a later date.

Please note that copies of archive material for private use can only be
    provided subject to the copyright status and availability of resources,
    including the preservation status of the material concerned. This may mean
    that certain programmes or archive footage may not be made available.

RTÉ Television Libraries and Archives apologises for any disappointment this
    may cause to you at this time.

Try again later I suppose, though god only knows how long they've had that message up for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Stekelly wrote:

If you do have the whole pre/post match buildup and analysis, I'd host a copy of this for others to download if you were able to send it to me... and assuming it's... errr... vaguely legal.

Stekelly wrote:

yeah mate that would be spot on.. pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

guys, if you fancy running off a 2nd copy, I'd appreciate it. I have highlights from sky, highlights from eurosport and friday nights program on sky, but nothing of the full match.
    I'll supply a tape and all P&P.

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

The bit of RTÉ's coverage id like to see is the little text at the bottom right of the screen as they show Crespo's second and Milan's thrid :D

Just back on. Its on dvd. It was recorded on 6hr mode on my dvd recorder so theres a bit of pixelation around the score and the likes. Its grand unless your watching it on a projector or something. Iv'e watched it a good few times on my 44" and its perfectly acceptable.

I have the original dvd here at home that still has the ads on it. On a HDD DVD recorder in work I have it with the ads edited out but im not back i till tuesday.I missed the first 10 mins or so of the builld up because i live a 10 min drive from work and only finished at 6. It goes through and includes the first hour and a half of "your on sky sports" ( phone in show after the match) with Neill Ruddock aswell.

The road to istanbul DVD released isnt bad either, it uses the ITV coverage, but it doesnt have much of the build up at all. Just the match and some celebrations,

Yeah Ste I have the official DVD, but I'd like to get sky's coverage with the bulid up etc as I didn't see it at the time. So what's the deal, is there some way to get it to Pie to host or can I get a copy from you?

Since lots of people want it, the handiest thing would be probably to get the dvd to pie and he can host it.

Nice one, that'd be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Big Ears wrote:
    The bit of RTÉ's coverage id like to see is the little text at the bottom right of the screen as they show Crespo's second and Milan's thrid :D
    "The Clincher", eh? :-p

:(

P.S. Did anyone see the "Sports Matters" program about Liverpools victory on Sky One on friday. Even though I'm a Rossonero (and a glutton for punishment to boot), I still thought that it was an excellent production. Well done to Sky for actually having footage from Milan city center on that night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

s8n wrote:
    What rise are you looking for,was merely pointing out how it's a valid point. Chelsea deserved to win the league as they were consistent,whereas in Europe Liverpool were lucky (which is all you need sometimes in knockout comps, and lets face it, it's all the pool had going for them :D )

Need any further proof, just look at how Greece won the Euro championship

Yeah they were lucky alright. Lucky to beat the Champions of Italy, also beat the second best team in Italy, also beat the Champions of England and also put 6 past a team that had beaten Real Madrid 3-0 earlier in the competition. Yeah blessed mate, blessed
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

^^^ can I use that as my sig pls! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

If I do host it, it'll probably be an Xvid rip of the DVD, 'cos my upload is only 128k and uploading 3-4GB would take weeks :(

That'd do just fine Pie! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

"The Clincher", eh? :-p

thats the one alright :D , I thought to myself for a second 'what happen if they pull it back' and then thought no chance of that happening .

Big Ears wrote:
    thats the one alright :D , I thought to myself for a second 'what happen if they pull it back' and then thought no chance of that happening .
    So did I. Of course, your reaction to the comeback was slightly different to mine. :-p

I'm a glutton for punishment, I truly am. Still, I do feel honoured just to have seen that comeback. It meant so much more to me (in a bad way!) because my favourite European team (for 13 years) were involved. I didn't get a chance to say it on here at the time, but congratulations to Liverpool on winning the European Cup. Your names were on the cup from Gerrards strike against Olympiakos, but you were still a bit lucky against Milan in the Final (Dudeks wonder save from Sheva). Admit it. :p j/k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

i'll admit it, the pool were lucky. especially against chelsea at anfield, garcia's goal, and gudjohnsens miss, it could easily have went chelseas way. but it wasn't luck that won them the CL, that was passion for the jersey, somethin that wasn't there under houllier, or souness, or even evans. (except maybe for julian dicks!!!)

but at the same time, chelsea were v. lucky in the league, e.g. to beat liverpool in january, and i'm sure there were a few more times in the season when they could have lost.

thebhoy wrote:
    i'll admit it, the pool were lucky. especially against chelsea at anfield, garcia's goal, and gudjohnsens miss, it could easily have went chelseas way. but it wasn't luck that won them the CL, that was passion for the jersey, somethin that wasn't there under houllier, or souness, or even evans. (except maybe for julian dicks!!!)

but at the same time, chelsea were v. lucky in the league, e.g. to beat liverpool in january, and i'm sure there were a few more times in the season when they could have lost.
    You don't win a major trophy without some luck (just look at Milans fortuitous win over Ajax in the San Siro in the 2003 Quarter Final.....or their ten minutes of just-hanging-on against Inter in the semi final), and Liverpool did have luck in the Final. I mean, I don't think that Sheva's disallowed goal was offside. On the other hand you've got Liverpool's penalty claim that ultimately led to Crespo's first goal. It all banances out and I could whinge, I could moan about Dudek walking off his line for Milan's penalties, but didn't Dida do the same thing in the 2003 shootout?

Long story short, Milan should have never lost that match, but they did and they have themselves, and a Liverpool team with extraordinary heart and courage, to blame.

What's the point of this confusing post? I'm not quite sure, aopart from stating my feelings on the Final.............trying to prove something to myself? I'm not sure, heh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Any news on the torrent?

Was just about to dig up this thread. Pie yopu want to pm me your details and ill get it to you?

Advertisement