Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24 Seasons 1-4 On DVD

• 06-08-2005 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Just to let all the 24 fans out there that Virgin is selling the season 1-4 boxset for €109! I used my student discount and got it for just under a 100, which i think is a steal, what a show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gdez

That's a bargain i think i'll have to get that myself.
    Thanks 4 the tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Kennington

No prob! Nearly through the first season and i only bought it yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

/me waits patiently for play.com to lower the prices of 24 again. should have bought them all when i had a chance tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Are you sure it's not the series 1 - 3 boxset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Kennington

Very Sure, its definately Season 1-4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Ah cool, didn't think they'd bring the 4th series out over here so quickly after the series ended....

Was in town yesterday and saw posters that it was out...

Bit of a bugger having all the other series here and then if I want to buy series 4 I have to pay 80 odd quid... well not worth it (this series)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

steveland? wrote:
    Ah cool, didn't think they'd bring the 4th series out over here so quickly after the series ended....

Was in town yesterday and saw posters that it was out...

Bit of a bugger having all the other series here and then if I want to buy series 4 I have to pay 80 odd quid... well not worth it (this series)
    Is it not great? I don't watch TV at all, but I frequently buy television shows on DVD. I own the first thre seasons of 24 on DVD, and I was planning on picking up Season 4 in the next few days. If it isn't up to much, I think I'll wait for the price to drop.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Wacker wrote:
    Is it not great? I don't watch TV at all, but I frequently buy television shows on DVD. I own the first thre seasons of 24 on DVD, and I was planning on picking up Season 4 in the next few days. If it isn't up to much, I think I'll wait for the price to drop.
    It's pretty damn poor. It's not just that it's more unbelievable than before, it's that it completely seems to toss aside the real-time concept, rehashes ideas from the first three seasosn, and has many bouts of extreme idiocy. The amount of times I was tempted to hurl a brick at my monitor in extreme irritation at this year's nonse is almost uncountable....

If ya read the 24 thread this year, it turned into a right bitch fest by the end, led by myself and a few others :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye i agree...it was poor,I enjoyed the first 10 eps,but after that...meh

and I think steveland means that its annoying if you already have seasons 1,2 or 3,then you cant get the good deal on Seasons 1-4 together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

129 in HMV.

Was thinking of just buying the 4th season never got into it this year :(

Hope Day 5 is better. Jan 2006 on FOX

I have season one already excellent opening episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

According to Fox , the season premier will be 4 hours long, now THAT should be interesting........ roll on January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I think thats split over 2 days.
    so 2 2hour episodes.
    nobody except the most hardcore would sit through 4 hours of 24 in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I could have with the first serie but now i dont know if i could sit true one more episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

I was off work sick recently , so with so much time on my hands i watched the entire first series, in just over a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 maireadrua

weird thing i noticed about the casting lists for season 5...apart form Samwise Gangee being cast...

but it turns out that...(for you true 24 geeks out there) daniel bess a.k.a. rick the kidnapper in s1 is actually rick almeida.

I kid you not. am now trying to wrack my brains, and nope, he was never on screen with tony in s1. now that would have been an interesting conversation!!

saw it on imdb. :confused:

Advertisement