Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuppenceworth forum returns.....

Options
  • 06-08-2005 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Hi Smods, and Admins,

I have noticed that Tuppenceworth forum has been dead for quite a while and I was wondering if could co-mod it with theking and kinda rejuvenate the place a bit you know. The place is going to waste.

Much appreciated

Willem D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Theres a Tuppenceworth forum??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Oh ya and it would be great to see up and alive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Why would you need to become a mod to rejuvinate the place?
    Why don't you just post?

Oh well I'd like to bring attention to place you know hopefully to get some good traffic going through the place. I believe also we could get some debates going in there and with the help of the king it can become a very popular forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I vaguely remember that forum, what is it for and where is it?

• Advertisement

Ok it was more a less forum based upon the tuppenceworth magazine but It really didnt get any traffic in the past.

Linkage: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=273

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Willem D wrote:
    Hi Smods, and Admins,

I have noticed that Tuppenceworth forum has been dead for quite a while and I was wondering if could co-mod it with theking and kinda rejuvenate the place a bit you know. The place is going to waste.

Much appreciated

Willem D

must. grasp. power. at any available opportunity.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Willem D wrote:
    Oh well I'd like to bring attention to place you know hopefully to get some good traffic going through the place. I believe also we could get some debates going in there and with the help of the king it can become a very popular forum.
    Why do you need to be a mod to do this?

I want to re-model the existing forum based a upon a new concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Willem it's fair enough if you want to mod the forum but you need to give the admins a reason to make you mod. so far it's just an empty forum which doesn't appear to need a moderator. You don't have to be mod to stimulate interest and traffic. but if you put the work in first and the traffic grows to a point where it needs moderation the chances are your efforts will be noticed.
    being a mod is not about grasping power as was posted as TBH you don't really have much and it's mostly just work and listening to people moaning at you. Be sure you want to be mod for the right reasons; to contribute your time to keeping boards usefull to the majority. Also think about this if boards was an office building the the mods are the cleaners and security guards, rarely thanked, often abused but essential to smooth running. Still want to be mod? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

My life changed utterly when I became a mod. The delights and dark secrets that the mod forum holds are just incredible. The gossip about normal boards users is non-stop and ranges from cruel to downright hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Willem D wrote:
    I want to re-model the existing forum based a upon a new concept.

What concept? willem willem uber alles?

If no one is using the forum, why not dive straight in?

In fact you've not said a word about what you'd like this forum to be like and what it'd be for?

mycroft wrote:
    What concept? willem willem uber alles?

If no one is using the forum, why not dive straight in?

In fact you've not said a word about what you'd like this forum to be like and what it'd be for?
    Indeed. I'm dead interested now.

Have you pmd the king to see if he's still around Willem?

Tbh The king is rarely around , the last time he was on was the 23rd of last month.

Basically its going to be a place now where someone may start a topic on their opinion they have on something in their lives or something in the public or in the media. The boards posters can then give their "tuppenceworth" on the original and have a heated debate. This is my goal to incorporate some of the humanities forum and the get it off your chest thread in AH.

Willem D wrote:
    Basically its going to be a place now where someone may start a topic on their opinion they have on something in their lives or something in the public or in the media. The boards posters can then give their "tuppenceworth" on the original and have a heated debate. This is my goal to incorporate some of the humanities forum and the get it off your chest thread in AH.
    I guess, in essence, you are wanting to change the format of Tuppenceworth from Hosted forum relating to the Tuppenceworth magazine to a seperate forum under Rec category? To remove the initial reason of the Tuppenceworth magazine basically.

From the quazi-charter:
    "This is a discussion area for tuppenceworth.ie , an non-profit Irish online magazine with an open submission policy, a huge archive of headline slogans and an unexpected fan base amongst the glasses fetish community .

Now, what would you like to do with this space? I'll suggest a few things. In future I'll add a "Discuss this article" at the end of all published work. But you might want to talk about other things, and I'll let those things roll out. If they seem to wander too far from the kinds of things tuppenceworth might be about I'll let you know."

Imo I would imagine that Afterhours would incorporate such general threads, and indeed, maybe even the cuckoos nest but I can't speak for them. Having another forum for various general, off topic-ish posts would be overkill imo. What type of threads/stuff did you have in mind for the forum?

Well I dont want it to move away totally from the actual magazine as thats the basis originally why the forum was created. Although I do want it to gain more notoreity in doing so the forum's posts wouldnt have to relate to the magazine.

Advertisement