Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University College Dublin Dublin

Options
  • 06-08-2005 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

Should the name of the University College Dublin forum be changed to correspond to the new name of the college that is launching at the moment?: University College Dublin Dublin.

Apparently this change in name was to attract more respect or some such nonsense, perhaps we can start by giving the forum the (new) correct name, and seeing what kind of effect it has? Once we all stop laughing anyways! :D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

or perhaps you should consult the mods and users of a forum first?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Calm down toots.

The official name of the college is now 'UCD'.

http://www.ucd.ie/news/aug05/crest.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Ok, I retract my suggestion then.

My new proposal is to rename it to UCD then, seeing as Univeristy College Dublin is now no longer the colleges name?

Ah I give up.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Ok, I retract my suggestion then.

My new proposal is to rename it to UCD then, seeing as Univeristy College Dublin is now no longer the colleges name?

that'd be fine my me, make my profile look tidier. Which is as good a reason as any. Your suggestion actually has some merit. Start a thread in the forum dedicated for discussion on matters pertaining to the college formally known as University College Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oh I do hope no-one refers to it as UCD Dublin. It'd be AIB Bank, PIN numbers (and ATM machine) and UPC code all over again.

LCD display, HIV virus, RPG game, SCSI interface, SAM missile, ASCII code, IRC chat and Jeb Bush (which I can forgive as the wally uses it himself & it's a nickname(incl_surname)+surname combo). Bold, my head may explode if we get another.

I wish those colleging in south Dubilin well with their new name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

sceptre wrote:
    Oh I do hope no-one refers to it as UCD Dublin. It'd be AIB Bank, PIN numbers (and ATM machine) and UPC code all over again.

LCD display, HIV virus, RPG game, SCSI interface, SAM missile, ASCII code, IRC chat and Jeb Bush (which I can forgive as the wally uses it himself & it's a nickname(incl_surname)+surname combo). Bold, my head may explode if we get another.

I wish those colleging in south Dubilin well with their new name.
    Just one more. Trustee Savings Bank Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Will the other NUIs be called University College Galway Dublin, and so on? :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

so what does UCD stand for?

flogen wrote:
    so what does UCD stand for?

Nothing, just like DVD :) (They may actually have sorted that one out in the end)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I thought DVD stood for Digital Versatile Disc?

It may now, officially. During the standardisation procedure, someone started calling it Digital Video Disc, and someone else took mortal offence at this, and much argument was had by all.

Advertisement