Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help?

Options
  • 25-03-1999 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Ehhhhhhhhh....basically is there any chance someone could look at a bit of c++ code for me, its basically integrating a header file that we were given (some canvas thingy) into code from a book, and I really don't have a dogs bollìx how to do it.
    Also could someone recommend a good c++ book exams are coming up in about 7 weeks and I'm about 15 behind cos' I'm so shìt at the thing.
    Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I'm afraid you're beyone help, C++ is a ***** to learn especially if you haven't done the likes of QBASIC etc. I'd say get yourself some good cheat notes... stick some post-its on the inside of youre glasses(New ones if you dont usually wear them) and pray you can still see the writing.

Other then that all the decent C++ are seriously expensive because they're thousands of pages long and very goddamn heavy if you're carrying a load of the *******s.

For your help with the C++ code I don't think anyone who uses the boards could help.. but I may be wrong. And probably am. But getting an answer is another thing. Try any of the C++ Newsgroups/Disussion Forums/IRC Channels/Mailing lists. Theres plenty of them about.

Kegs.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Get yerself one of the "Teach yourself C++ in 21 days" books. If you have any knowledge of C++ you'll fly through the frist few chapters .

As for the code...send it on. I won't gaurantee I'll fix it but I'll have a go.
    Mail it to swinehund@hotmail.com.
    Drac(++)o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

niall, go to the pc-huts, get yourself a copy of some of the labs done by classmates, open it in borland, randomly click words, and press f1.
    easiest way to learn C++ in trinity (and you dont need a book) smile.gif
    ehh this is the subject i passed woohoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

I got a great book called "C++ How To Program", it's published by Prentice Hall.
    It's perfect for anyone learning C++ as their first language and it's also filled with neat little puzzles.
    I haven't found any O'Reilly books on C++ but if you find one check it out, those books are unreal.
    Karla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

if your near dublin head into Chapters to get a decent cheap c++ book..
    they have loads of copies of the book i used in first year programming.. its really good
    can't remember the name tho smile.gif
    design and analysis something or other.
    definitly recommend the O'Reilly books as well tho.. learnt most of what i know bout Perl and Shell Programming from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

i got a book from easons called c++ no experience required , it woz easy to lurn with

Advertisement