Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publisher cans Stargate, because of developer apprently

Options
  • 06-08-2005 6:34pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭

GERMAN PUBLISHER JoWood has taken the unusual step of canning development of an upcoming game for a major franchise. The Stargate SG-1 TV series tie-in videogame was under development by Australian team Perception but in a press release JoWood have announced that they’re canning the project under Perception with a few rather unflattering things to say about the team:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25204

On the face of it, it looks to be a good move.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

monument wrote:
    On the face of it, it looks to be a good move.

Some ****ing nerve, they made Soldner the worst game ever made.

My Soldner review

So for them to say anything about any game or its state is a bit rich.

kdjac

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

They could be trying to clean up their act, but I’ll just be cynical and say they're probably doing it because of some ‘quality’ clause they have with the owner of the Stargate IP, or possibly something more cynical since the unfinished code reverts to the publisher, but that’s pure speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

That could have been a sweet game. i mean usually film/tv to game titles are crap, cos they know they will sell it due to an already huge fanbase, but i could imagine, if done correctly i could be massive, as there are so many races etc.. it would be huge, and imagine the online possibilities.. they could do something like when u hop intot he startgate u can dial up some world, and by doing so u'd be joining an online map. kinda cool.. Like an MOMP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i saw some previews and screeny of it and it looked very promising!
    they got all the rights and got the actors to do the voices and still canning it?

i;d say this will be temp. and some other production company will come forward..... i hope. have u got a link to that preview?

• Advertisement

saw it in a mag pc zone

altho some nice screeny's here:
    http://www.3dgamers.com/games/stargatesg1/screenshots/
    and
    http://xbox.ign.com/objects/716/716141.html
    and even has as release date funny enough

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

KdjaC wrote:
    Some ****ing nerve, they made Soldner the worst game ever made.

My Soldner review

So for them to say anything about any game or its state is a bit rich.

kdjac
    Heh. The game must have been really bad for tehm to can it!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I doubt the game is permanently canned, but I'd say Duke Nukem Forever has some competition.

Lord Oz wrote:
    I doubt the game is permanently canned, but I'd say Duke Nukem Forever has some competition.
    lmao thats true!
    but duke had other problems and appertenly it might b out yet :)

• Advertisement

Tahnks for the Links Nollaig. Actually looks kind of like halo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I thought Soldner was okayyyy...not great, not terrible.

But jesus, it must be absolutely dogs balls if they are canning it....I mean how many bad games, TERRIBLE games have been released in this fashion?

One wonders if things are exactly as they are reported? Maybe something further went on behind the scenes then just canning the game due to quality issues...or maybe not. Who knows. Because the screens certainly look fairly decent....very decent in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

looked at the screenshots kind of looked like timesplitters
    probably was crap though

One wonders if things are exactly as they are reported? Maybe something further went on behind the scenes then just canning the game due to quality issues...or maybe not. Who knows. Because the screens certainly look fairly decent....very decent in fact.
    yeah! must have been something else falling out with the developers and publishers, going over budget, etc but quality certain does seem to b one. might get a new publisher yet...

Advertisement