Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst / Best TV ads' ever

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The KFC ads where people speak in cheesy musical-type numbers make me want to go out and burn down every KFC outlet in the greater Dublin area.

They put me off KFC more than that chicken-stomping video released by PETA last year.

The advertising agency must have went out of their way to find the most bovine looking actors and cloven-hooved kids to play their spawn.

The mother in the latest advert (the "at least she's not cooking" not) has actually got a beer gut! What's that all about?

...and while I'm at it, the Irish ads for Spar.

They always show happy, loved up members of staff who look like they've slept the night before with a coat-hanger in there mouth and done about 20 E's.

We all know the reality is so, so different.

Some surly teen from a broken lower middle-class home and who's just been dumped will scan in your dozen or so over-priced items with indifference and stare at you blankly after she gives you your change while you stare back and transmit the message "give me a bag biatch!" to her via the power of mental telepathy.

...and while I'm at it, the Vauxhall ads with the annoying little Northern English kids pretending to be grown up.

Someone didn't go to the toilet?..........someone didn't use contraception more like.

Advertisement