Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So many monitors, so much money!!!

Options
  • 06-08-2005 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

jesus christ, how the hell did this guy set this up, not to mention the money he must have
    1951Dsc00065.jpg?8753
    :eek::eek::eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

how about jebus in steap of jesus and there cheap old 15" ones so not that much money required there as for how they are all connected to the one comp is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Flunked wrote:
    how about jebus in steap of jesus and there cheap old 15" ones so not that much money required there as for how they are all connected to the one comp is beyond me!

he must be using all the other computers with video cards in them, but how is he playing one game on all.

unless there is some sort of vga splitter box

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

He#s using the same joystick I use, albeit with a replacement grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Wow, someone likes their flightsims a little too much.
    What kind of radiation dose d'you think he's getting sitting at that rig? :eek:

Wow, someone likes their flightsims a little too much.
    What kind of radiation dose d'you think he's getting sitting at that rig? :eek:

id personally rather if it was a racing sim :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

ROFL, that pics about 3 years old, but I only noticed now the strap under the joystick! :eek: Does he actually strap himself in?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

An easier way would be to have a projector behind you, projecting into a octangle shaped glass which would project to different white boards, making a similair "cockpit", but as a projection instead of miltiple monitors.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    ROFL, that pics about 3 years old, but I only noticed now the strap under the joystick! :eek: Does he actually strap himself in?! :o

its just incase he falls off the chair when he crashes :D

the_syco wrote:
    An easier way would be to have a projector behind you, projecting into a octangle shaped glass which would project to different white boards, making a similair "cockpit", but as a projection instead of miltiple monitors.

was going to sugest the projector myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

i was goin to suggest a feckin plane, or a life!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Does he actually strap himself in?! :o
    I noticed that too... but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt by assuming it's just there to keep the joystick in place.
    The strap looks pretty tight when you look at the sides of the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sparky_S wrote:
    unless there is some sort of vga splitter box

A VGA splitter box would display the same image on each screen.

I know a few people who are into their flightsims.

Some of the setups I've heard mentioned in conversation were pretty extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

It actually seems like he has a computer for each monitor so im stumped! unless he has some kind of cluster going.

Afaik MSFS allows you to spread the engine across multiple machines (or rather their display adapters) together over a network, it's not really all that intensive, aside from needing a rather powerful core machine to direct the slave boxen.

Advertisement