Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FM O5...Keeps crashing

• 06-08-2005 7:50pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My FM 05 keeps crashing on he 18th of November 05...any ideas why...?its a pain just when I was getting a good team together and playing well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Have you it updated? What version are you using?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am using version 5.0,I tried to update it and when I started the game it was in Spanish or some language,so I just left the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

You can change the lanuage easily enough.

Was it a cracked versions, there were issues with some of them crashing half way through a season... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Where did you get your patch from Dub13? You should get it from SIGames.com, the download section there.
    I got it there, and am playing version 5.0.5 and have had no problems.

I got it from here

http://files.fmbase.co.uk/downloads.php?action=file&id=688

I just got version 5.0.5 from that site but again when I load it up its in another language...?if I could just get it back into english mabe the game will be grand (I hope it will as I was starting to put a good run together)

• Advertisement

Go into where the preferences are from the main screen. It shouldn't be too hard, a bit of trial and error and you will be in the usual options screen.

It will have a drop down menu of the languages, probably currently saying Espanyol or something. Change that to English in the list. Sorted.

got it back into english but its still crashing.....I dont want to start another game in case it crashes again when I reach Nov 05

Get a better crack! ;):D

lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Is it just this save game that crashes? What league are you playing?

Its just the game....it just crashes and leaves me back at windows.I am playing as Liverpool it was crashing on the 18th of November I got it past the 18th and saved it and now its crashes on the 20th.

• Advertisement

Is it running the Eircom League as one of the additional leagues? There was a problem where games running Ireland would die at a set date, and the only fix was to update the game (fixes the error) and start again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dub1dude

Here's what I did with my crashed game.

I emailed the nice guys at SIGames and told them my problem. They set up a space on their website for me to upload my game. They emailed me back saying they had fixed the problem in my saved game and I could download it back to my computer. It worked perfectly.

Get the latest updates and don't take any **** from them. If they are selling faulty products they should be willing to fix them for free.

Take care

It is running the Eircom League.

Looks like I will have to get on to SIGames

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I heard about the Eircom league bug as well, have you tried running a game without it?

lafortezza wrote:
    I heard about the Eircom league bug as well, have you tried running a game without it?

I dont think you can take out a league once a game has started....I dont want to start another game and then a few hours into it and it crashes again.

I have sent a email of to SIGames,no reply yet....I will give them ontill tomorrow and start getting nasty with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

It is the EL bug I think.

This was happening to me aswell so I started a new game and left the EL out and I've gone past the crashing point.

andyman wrote:
    It is the EL bug I think.

This was happening to me aswell so I started a new game and left the EL out and I've gone past the crashing point.

I will give it another go....of the top of your head do you remember what your crashing date was...?

Yes. Around the 16th-22nd November 2005.

andyman wrote:
    Yes. Around the 16th-22nd November 2005.

Thats when my game crashes....I just had my team playing well.Is there anyway around this bug and still keep playing...?

I don't think so. Did you get a reply from SI?

• Advertisement

andyman wrote:
    I don't think so. Did you get a reply from SI?

Nothing yet...two emails sent and two automatic responses so they are getting them.

Doesn't look good though mate unless SI arrange to fix it for you. It looks like you have to start again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Hello people, My gme started crashing after about 12 seasons. Every time I went into training schedule it just aborted to windows. Any ideas?

Don't know why that is rondeco.

Dub13, it is the EL bug you have as I just completed my 3rd full season without the EL.

Advertisement