Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband restructuring of prices

• 06-08-2005 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I know recently eircom doubled the d\l speeds of their packages.. so i went from 512 to 1 mb??

I have home starter (if memory serves me right, maybe someeone will know from the above speed) which was 39.99 per month..

My question is: Am I right in thinking this has now been modified down to 29.99 per month??..

It is simply added to my family home bill, but I don't have one at hand and am wondering is it just 30 quid a month now.

also, I'm not sure whether I'm tied into a yearly contract with them, or am I free to move anytime I want??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

no the 29.99 is for new customers only and for first 6 months, so us older customers are being ripped off. ~Sigh~ getting so tierd of eircom. do anything to get you and once they have you they dont give a s**t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

€39.99 for your 1Mbit connection you lucky so and so!!!

Those with BT pay 1cent more(prices dropped for everyone) for a 2Mbit connection and a vastly higher CAP.

Who do you think cares about their customers more???

If you had the connection when 512k was the norm then your tied to a 1year contract from your first connection date.

Eircom are the best in the business for screwing over people...thankfully I dont have them as an ISP!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Darwin

€39.99 for your 1Mbit connection you lucky so and so!!!

1Mbit for some is a godsend! I couldn't believe my luck when Eircom confirmed my area of Laois had broadband available...I've been stuck with crappy ISDN for years paying a fortune on line rental and a flat rate internet package. This will cut 30 euros a month from my phone bill when I ditch ISDN. However, the 4GB download limit is less than generous. Now I hope my line passes the test....

Darwin wrote:
    1Mbit for some is a godsend! I couldn't believe my luck when Eircom confirmed my area of Laois had broadband available...I've been stuck with crappy ISDN for years paying a fortune on line rental and a flat rate internet package. This will cut 30 euros a month from my phone bill when I ditch ISDN. However, the 4GB download limit is less than generous. Now I hope my line passes the test....

I wasnt actually referring to availability/speed but to the actual monopolistic business practices of eircom....hence my sarchastic attitude.
    Dropping prices for possible...but not current customers pisses me off.

Still Darwin....nice to hear your story....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

http://www.eircom.ie -> products and services > eircom broadband @ home -> what option is right for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Darwin

Sorry for going off topic, but JNive I followed your link and saw the product comparison table with the 8GB cap for home starter. However, follow the hyperlink at the bottom of the page labeled "eircom broadband home starter, then click on "more info" on the next page and the advertised 8GB magically becomes 4GB. Some sharp practice going on here or is it a simple mistake :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 gflan05

ntl is far better 35 euro for 2mb broadband with 30gb download they also have a 3mb broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Yes, but NTL is only available to a select few people who live in certain areas. You well know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

dbnavan wrote:
    no the 29.99 is for new customers only and for first 6 months, so us older customers are being ripped off. ~Sigh~ getting so tierd of eircom. do anything to get you and once they have you they dont give a s**t
    Not quite.
    on the 29.99 offer you don't get a free trial,
    => Over a six month period
    29.99 * 6 = 179.94
    39.99 * 4 = 159.96 (2 month free trial)

;)

azezil wrote:
    Not quite.
    on the 29.99 offer you don't get a free trial,
    => Over a six month period
    29.99 * 6 = 179.94
    39.99 * 4 = 159.96 (2 month free trial)

;)

But.....the majority of people will keep the BB connection for at least a year.....so:

29.99 x 12 = €359.88
    39.99 x 10 = €399.90

• Advertisement
Advertisement