Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone get a clicky knee when cycling

Options
  • 07-08-2005 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

I get it quiet a lot sometimes its in one and other times its both.It does me head it as I can hear it quiet plainly.I have to get out of the saddle and shake the legs around for it to settle down and most the time it goes away.Im not sure what causes it.Does it happen to anyone else? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

It used to happen to me when wearing thick soled runners. Using thinner ones it doesnt happen at all. Also are you twisting your knees when you pedal? Some people do it automatically to avoid catching trousers in the chain rings.
    If that doesnt work, try changing the pedals. I found cleats cleared up all the problems I had been experiencing including the clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I do, in my right knee - ever since an acciedent in May, and I've cut down on cycling a lot of late as result. It leads to arthritus, so you should probably see a sports doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Go to see a physio & see if you need to get orthotics.
    I used to have desperate clicking in both knees and also I got terrible blisters when playing indoor soccer etc.
    I wrecked my ankle playing GAA & the physio spotted afterwards that I was standing all wrong. I was fitted for orthotics and have been wearing them since, not a click or a blister to be seen!

If you're clicking, you shouldnt be and it's a sign that you're out of line for one reason or another. If you dont get it sorted it could cause you major hassle down the road - premature joint wear etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dutchboy

I get some clicking as well, a really noticable one above both knees when i start off , then nothing! My clicking is due to an imbalance between inside and outside leg! Got flat feet so got orthotics and working on the that vastus medialis!
    Cycling tends to build up the quadriceps on the right side of the knee to a greater extent thatn the 'teardrop' muscle on the left side of the knee.
    Runners also suffer the same complaint!
    Issues could be IT band friction syndrome, thats mine anyway! :rolleyes:
    Hope this helps, thanks

Advertisement