Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being harrassed my housemate - how to get rid

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from PI to Accommodation / Property.

No more vigilantee action please.

Lots of people banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Stark wrote:
    She woke me up at 2AM one morning because I had left a light on downstairs.
    Leave all lights on downstairs.
    Stark wrote:
    Another morning I awoke to get a glass of water downstairs and she followed me down and demanded to know what I was doing.
    Tell her its to keep the aliens at bay.
    Stark wrote:
    I've already been staying in work late the past few days because I didn't want to go home.
    Eh, f*ck that. Your house should be a place to relax. Look around for another place, and then notify the landlord that either she goes, or you go. ANd the landlord will proberly know that she's going back in 5 weeks, so they'll most likely give her the boot.
    Stark wrote:
    Though she'll be one in 2 or 3 weeks anyway when she doesn't get a job so it's not too bad I guess.

Our new housemate moved in just as we were having a shouting match. Great first impressions for him.
    Replace "when" with "if". Not a nice thought. Get the landlord.

Since the new guy has moved in, act sane. Real sane. And nice. Then when you goto the landlord, the new guy can back you up (providing she doesn't act the victim to him).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

to be honest that kind of behaviour is unacceptable, stand up to that cow.I had a housemate kinda like that when i was in college many moons ago.One day he left a card signed by all the housemates because i didnt pay the rent in the morning instead of the evening.I was actually in class early that morning.He was a right prick and im glad i didnt see him again.I never stood up to that bully and i regret it so dont take that **** from that person.

Also contact your landlord asap as you dont deserve to be treated like this. I wouldnt mind she doesnt have a job !!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I am little puzzeled here. How did she find your place? Was it the landlord who moved her in or did you find her? If the landlord moved her in he is responsible if not it is all up to you and your flat mate.
    People sometimes just take a dislike to each other and there isn't much you can do about it. Her behaviour sounds very erratic and potentially dangerous. Don't provoke her in any way. Being away from home can make people act a little odd but a lot of people decide to get away from their demons by going to another country. Their demons follow them. Poland has a checkered history which can easily lead to unhinged individuals as with some people from the North. Don't assume she is going to think with logic, I'd lock my door at night if I was you.
    If anybody thinks that is a bit racist I would say the same about many Irish people who lived in the UK acting like nuts. Even if you go to Kilburn on Paddy's Day they scare the hell of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah it was the landlord who moved her in I think. Unfortunately our house doesn't have locks on the bedroom doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Stark wrote:
    Yeah it was the landlord who moved her in I think. Unfortunately our house doesn't have locks on the bedroom doors.

Its a 10min job to put one on though, a few screws and a screwdriver. One of those slidey bar ones.

Ring the landlord, and stop whingin

Stark wrote:
    Get a lock and move out as soon as possible. Regardless of her you have no control over who comes in next. The amount of problems you can encounter with such a situation is really worrying. You don't need to live in a place with a landlord controlling a big part of your life.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I really hope you don't have a pet bunny stark!

seriously, she sounds too loolaa to talk to about this.

I would ring the landlord, tell him everything and keep ringing till he gets her out, hound him enough and he'll sort it
    also
    get yourself a lock for your door, especially as she's in the house while you're out working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Call all the hospitals and asylumsin the neighbouring towns and counties. She could be an escapee and there could be a reward on her head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

But why not just call the landlord??Whats the big deal with ringing him ?

• Advertisement

Because as far as I know, he has to give her 7 days notice to move out. That's 7 days of living with the level of tension squared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Yea but she`d be gone otherwise ya`ll be living in that hell for much longer than 7 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Stark wrote:
    Because as far as I know, he has to give her 7 days notice to move out. That's 7 days of living with the level of tension squared.

Can't see why thats the case, since she aint on the books. Nothing to say she even lived there. If you want to be a real **** about it, tell her you'll imform imigration she hasn't got a job, see how fast she moves out then.

I'm not happy with the level of abuse in this thread and I will ban people and bin the thread if necessary.
    LiouVille wrote:
    tell her you'll imform imigration she hasn't got a job, see how fast she moves out then.
    And what will they do? Poland is an EU country, she has a right to be here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Keep forgetting that. Awh well, maybe get onto to The revenue are report your landlord for having a tennant off the books. Won't be long before he gets shot of her.

Stark wrote:
    Get a lock, or she has 7 days to sell your stuff. 6 days to sell your laptop. 5 days to sell your CD's... you get the drift.

Also, how do you know she hasn't "borrowed" stuff before?

Finally, take the day off work some weekday, and see what she does. Pretend to leave, come back in 30 minutes later, and watch TV. See if she uses your stuff, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Been there a long time ago..crazy biatch piled HER fuppín dirty dishes outside my bedroom door (straw..camels back..she was being nutz before this)..saw red..her name wasnt on lease..

Had witness (other housemate) tossed all her stuff onto the garden and told her to fupp off...it wasnt that polite. She threatened legal stufff..i said here is the lease..your name isnt on it..i have a witness..you are acting unreasonably..fupp off

End of story, before you throw her out, make sure that others witness you doing so and will understand why you are..ie show them her little message.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Yea but she`d be gone otherwise ya`ll be living in that hell for much longer than 7 days.

Only for 2 - 3 weeks. She's also got the new housemate now, on whom all her attention seems to be focused and my other housemate will be back before then so it won't be just me against her.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sucks living with a housemate from hell, it will be over in a few weeks..keep telling yourself that..and dont do anything without a witness!!, totally understand what your going through and hope you keep it together..trust me you will look back and shudder one day !! (and feel great that its in the past!!)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Poland has a checkered history which can easily lead to unhinged individuals as with some people from the North.

Northerners and Poles are unhinged? That's really fscking offensive. :mad:

• Advertisement

eth0_ wrote:
    Heh. MorningStar is the only one "unhinged", me thinks. All 8 Polish people I know are of sound mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 rummy

Wow - scary!!

I would suggest you keep a note of everything that has happened so far. I don't know how you got this tenant - did you advertise and interview her or was it the landlord who decided. If it was the landlord it is important you go back to him/her and show the account of everything you have noted of the actions of this person.

Good luck!

eth0_ wrote:
    the_syco wrote:
    Heh. MorningStar is the only one "unhinged", me thinks. All 8 Polish people I know are of sound mind.

Did I say ALL? No! Learn to understand that just because some situations are mentioned it doesn't mean everybody or a whole race. I know 5 rapists but they are OK does that make them all OK? It is not offensive to suggest that some people in this country are trying to escape their pasts. Read all of what I said and how I have seen the same from Irish people in my life.
    The point was there was no way to judge what this person is like considering they are already acting nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Frank Rizzo

when she is out have a **** and wipe ur cock in her knickers....lol....

And Frank is banned

Advertisement