Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars

Options
  • 07-08-2005 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Just want to see how all you Irish Guilders are getting on ? I'm finding the game excellent both graphically and in all areas of gameplay superb!

Whats your thoughts? the positive and negative?

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

easy to pick up difficult to put down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ya i have been playing it over the last 2 or 3 weeks not sure how long as the time has just been blurred into one long gaming session.

LOL. Really addictive and a good game. There is so much ground to cover in the game. You always max out your character before you cover even half the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I played it for about 2 weeks. I stopped after that because I didnt like it.

Its designed around PvP and as much fun as that can be, i thought I would just
    get bored with it.

Im big into City of Heroes and City of Villains (in beta) and when I look at GW
    I just dont get any desire to play it. Ive made lots of friends and such good fun,
    im part of an amazing guild and I dont think GW has any of that in it. A number
    of out members took a break to play GW and most of them are crawling back.

In my opinion I loved the first week. Second week dragged by then I learned
    what the rest of the game is like from mates, and called it quits.

Graphics are great! Some great ideas in gameplay but it just lacks that MMO feel
    IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

You really need to be in a decent guild to get the most out of Guild Wars (the hint is in the name :D )

I was getting bored with GW as well until I joined An Cuallacht and started playing PvP and GvG a lot more. I see the "single" player missions as a training area before playing PvP. Once you finish all the missions, the game just keeps getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

LordBlonde wrote:
    You really need to be in a decent guild to get the most out of Guild Wars (the hint is in the name :D )

I was getting bored with GW as well until I joined An Cuallacht and started playing PvP and GvG a lot more. I see the "single" player missions as a training area before playing PvP. Once you finish all the missions, the game just keeps getting better.

looking forward to getting that far !!

however I'm still on lvl 14 :-(

getting harder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ethan Ross

I did enjoy guild wars very much so, though the game turned out to be basically the same as the beta, here in Canada(I am Irish, been living here for a year, chill out.) the game was delayed by a month or so, not sure why when they made virtually no changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

got 2 lvl 20 characters, finished game blah blah, but i only play player versus player now, i have 460 fame and rank 4, which is the highest out of any irish player i know of anyways.... won hall of heros also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

got 2 lvl 20 characters, finished game blah blah, but i only play player versus player now, i have 460 fame and rank 4, which is the highest out of any irish player i know of anyways.... won hall of heros also

if you worked in MacDonlads you'd have 2 gold stars !!!

whatever that is, you probably know cuz u probably work there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

That you know of;P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

We've had rank 4 in our guild for a good while now, in the 500's with fame too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I too got immensely bored of Guild Wars after the third week, it lacks that vibe to make me keep coming back to it, the vibe I got from Phantasy Star Online in the days of the Dreamcast. Well, the fact that there's no fees is a big BIG plus I guess. Don't get me started on EverQuest II, that game is just WRONG, it's so boring it's unreal.

Yeah there's been little to do for a good while now. There was a PvP weekend event, which was about the best thing they've done with the game yet, but that's been it. The free Sorrow's Furnace update was a big let down in my opinion. Next event is meant to be at Halloween, which should be interesting, so I'm gonna stick around for that anyway.

play.com has a release date for Chapter 2 for 01/02/2006. Just can't see the game keeping my attention until then, but I'll definitely pick up Chapter 2 when it comes out.

just got rank 5 yay, 612 fame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Ì think GW is only really enjoyable if you have a guild of friends that you can play with on a regular basis. The fact that a large proportion of the playerbase are immature, egotistical idiots makes playing in PUGs rather intolerable. If you do have friends you can play with there is great scope for experimentation, developing tactics etc.

OSiriS wrote:
    Ì think GW is only really enjoyable if you have a guild of friends that you can play with on a regular basis. The fact that a large proportion of the playerbase are immature, egotistical idiots makes playing in PUGs rather intolerable. If you do have friends you can play with there is great scope for experimentation, developing tactics etc.

Exactly, nail on the head.

People have always said the game is similar in many respects to CS, but the community is too, just full of immature and self-appreciating muppets. Every GW board is full of flaming and people blowing their own trumpet completely off-topic. I've never played a game where the word "noob" has been used so much. And generally it's the person who's using it that the word applies to, it's pathetic.

But that's what you get with what is basically a free MMORPG. Just fill that friends list with people you like playing with, join a friendly active guild with members your age, and you'll find the need to form PUG's rare. Then you can really start enjoying the game.

Advertisement