Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking to buy Alfa 147-question

Options
  • 07-08-2005 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi guys, quick question here on a 147

Looking to buy a used model, 2002/2003, and am aware that timing belt has to be done at 36,000 miles. What can I exepct to have to pay to get this done if I buy a car that is due a timing belt change in the next few thousand miles?

P.S. I've already made up my mind that the 147 is the car for me, reliablity issues or not, so no advice required in that regards thanks :) .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

about €300-€400 all in from main dealer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

ciarsd wrote:
    about €300-€400 all in from main dealer

Thanks Ciarsd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jildy

I have had my belt changed already at 41,000.
    They do the varitaor and water pump at the same time.
    It was €800 all in.

CCOVICH, I will be selling my 147 Lusso 3dr '02 1.6L 62,000 miles for about €11,000 very soon if you are interested.
    Belt due again in another 18,000 miles.
    Change in family circumstances says that I need a 4 door car soon !!!

CCOVICH wrote:
    Thanks Ciarsd.

no problem. i got this quote 2 weeks ago off my dealer when I took the GT JTD for a test drive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

ciarsd wrote:
    no problem. i got this quote 2 weeks ago off my dealer when I took the GT JTD for a test drive :)

I was about to say to ring a dealer - try Victor Motors in Goatstown for a quote as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

300 is really cheap for a main dealer to change a timing belt on a 147. Is this for the belt only or does it include tensioners, pulleys etc. (I suspect it's the former)

BrianD3 wrote:
    300 is really cheap for a main dealer to change a timing belt on a 147. Is this for the belt only or does it include tensioners, pulleys etc. (I suspect it's the former)

that was all in Brian.
    in order for them to do the belt, theyve gotta do the tensioners and pulleys too. maybe I got a favourable quote as a returning customer i dunno.

Advertisement