Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLAIN Burgers

• 07-08-2005 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone else stopped going to MacDonalds because the staff don't seem to understand what "plain" means? I used to goto MacDonalds alot, but stopped last year (except for the milkshakes), and going to BK instead. It seemed that whenever I asked for a plain burger, all the garnish would still be on it, and if I said no, that I asked for a plain burger, they'd look at me blankly, and get the manager/english speaking person.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Yes. I dont like this queer ketchup or odd dressing thing they put on them. You might as well be talking to the wall when you ask for it plain. Thus I have boycotted their burgers in favour of BK.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

why would anyone want a plain burger??
    it's the extras that make them edible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I only eat homecooked burgers. The only way to go imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Then why not just change tactics and ask for 'a burger with no dressings on it' if they don't understand the word plain means?

First time I was in New York I'd ask TaxiDrivers to bring me to particular addresses instead of to street/avenue intersections (which the way they like it described). They'd look at me like I was talking gibberish and several joyrides later I learnt the error of my ways and adjusted my requests accordingly. Everybody was a winner.

I suggest you do likewise with your burgerproblem. I mean how the fcuk is a non-english speaking employee going what a plain burger is? They got the metric system out there!

Its hard enough for them to get lingo right, god knows what they make of a request for a 'single chips'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pigman II wrote:
    Then why not just change tactics and ask for 'a burger with no dressings on it' if they don't understand the word plain means?
    Aye. I'll try that next time.

"Hi, can I get a burger with no dressings on it with cheese":rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I had no probs in mc d's or bk but it took a bit of explaining in eddie-rockets-empty-pockets when my nephew asked for a plain burger "with just the bread and the ham(he's swedish)!!"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

why would you eat at mcdonalds?that is just crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I stopped going there a few years ago for ethical reasons and Super Size me enforced that, BK I also dont go to cos they feed the troops in Iraq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

the_syco wrote:
    Aye. I'll try that next time.

"Hi, can I get a burger with no dressings on it with cheese":rolleyes:

Or "only/just cheese" maybe? It's not really THAT hard to adjust. After all they are adjusting toa country where actual english isnt even a proper language anymore.

I only eat min ewith just Ketchup and cheese, so thats what I ask for.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I stopped going there a few years ago for ethical reasons and Super Size me enforced that, BK I also dont go to cos they feed the troops in Iraq.

So if he'd chosen BK to do the film about THEY would have been the devil and your feelings for mcdonalds may have thawd. Eating only apples all day wil probably kill you, but you dont see anyone making a film about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i was wondering the same thing. McDonalds is the worst tasting fast food out there imo. i wont even eat their chips.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    So if he'd chosen BK to do the film about THEY would have been the devil and your feelings for mcdonalds may have thawd. Eating only apples all day wil probably kill you, but you dont see anyone making a film about that.

Can you apply your juvenile logic elsewhere it's wasted on adults, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Can you apply your juvenile logic elsewhere it's wasted on adults, thanks.

You do what a guy in a film tells you to, and I'M juvenile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Why aren't plain burgers cheaper? Just a thought.

Stekelly wrote:

Like I said, your logic is not excaping the playground.
    It was a study on the crap that goes into the MCDonalds food, brought starkly into focus by the experiment that he did.
    The only meat eaten in our house these days is meat that can be sourced, i.e. it would only take one or two phonecalls to find out where the farm it came from is and to actually have a look at the farm if we wanted.

Have you even watched the movie?

Anyway this if off topic, start your own thread if you want to question my logic for boycotting ****e food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭bragan

i concur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Hagar wrote:
    Why aren't plain burgers cheaper? Just a thought.

Cheap if you make them yourself like me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I dunno, I always find that even when I ask for a quarter pounder with cheese plain they know what I'm talking about.. I've been surprised on more than one occasion! I'm just delighted that I'm not the only one who likes a plain burger!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

McDonalds in Cork city and Douglas always keep plenty of plain hamburgers in stock for the kiddyvinkies, and the staff know what you're talking about when you ask for one. I rediscovered them recently, they're nummy.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Why won't McDonalds put bacon on their burgers any more?

They have bacon. It's in the bagettes, so why won't they put it on my burger?

Thats why I like burger king, "Have it your way"

Best slogan ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Back when I used to eat meat I always got a plain 1/4 pounder with just cheese. Apart for prefering it like that it was always made fresh and would not be left in the bin for up to 15 minutes. I often had trouble with my order and it was always irish people taking and making the order. One time I got it with nothing else on it, including the cheese (but it was still in a 1/4 with cheese carton) and then when I brought it back I got everything except cheese. These days apart from the fact I don't eat meat I still wouldn't buy any food in McDonalds or Burger King, it's really bad quality food and expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Stekelly wrote:
    no you are just wrong.

i would never eat at mcdonalds...not even their 'chips'.i implore people to stop eating horrible horrible badly made food.
    and as for burgerking,its the same...the smell of puke i get every time i walk past one in dublin is sickening..hehe

You should try a different after shave.

dahamsta wrote:
    You should try a different after shave.
    there is no aftershave strong enough to hide that stench....or your bad humour...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Blub2k4 wrote:

I love your way of thinking. If we all were to just top eating in Burger King Iraq would be a better place.

Tbh, Bacon Double Cheese. Nothing else fast food beats it. Well, besides Charlies. Though, If I had the choice I'd jump down to Zaytoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

Feck, you arent wrong winters man, cheese and bacon on a burger theres nothin nicer or worse for your health.

Forget all that salad sh!te...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Blub2k4 wrote:

God your some twat

BK feed the troops? Last time I checked soldiers in Iraq ate microwaved chicken and rice and other poor tasting crap out of bags, not Chicken Royales and Whoppers. And even if they do have a share in whatever company provides this, so what? If you are so ethical, never drink alcohol again, as alcohol destroys some peoples lives. Never use an illegal drug- it was grown by a peasant who sold it for a fraction of its Irish price, and was imported here by some pretty violent people.
    See? Dont moralise on one front but not another

As for how its done, when you tell the cashier you want a plain hamburger say, what is called a grill slip comes out of a printer in the back area, basically a receipt saying, for example, one hamburger PLAIN. They usually shout the order back anyway to make sure you got it.

Then its either made or, as the one I work in does at peak times, they already have a good amount of plain burgers sitting in the back of the heater.

I have to laugh at the "healthy option" in mackers. You should see the amount of grease that comes off the grilled chicken

Tar.Aldarion, yoiur attitude to decent fast food is boring me to tears. Face it, whether its fast food, alcohol, drugs, sitting out in the sun, riding some bird you just met, swimming in the Irish Sea, there isnt one thing in this life enjoyable that is particularly good for your health. Basically anything fun is hazardous. Just live with it

Mind you, McDonalds pay is utter sh1te compared to people in other menial jobs who dont work half as hard

Tha Gopher wrote:
    BK feed the troops? Last time I checked soldiers in Iraq ate microwaved chicken and rice and other poor tasting crap out of bags, not Chicken Royales and Whoppers.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=burger+king+army

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It's not a new concept. CocaCola more or less cornered the market in Europe during WW2 by introdcing their product here via US soldiers (who they gave it free to under the guise of 'helping the war effort'.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

i would never eat at mcdonalds...not even their 'chips'.i
    They are 'Fries' not 'chips'.

As for Tha Gopher, why not supplement your income by selling Big Mac sauce? I did it when I worked there eleventy years ago.

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    They are 'Fries' not 'chips'.
    it's not like i ever eat there and should therefore know :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement