Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My breaks remix/mashup of FSOL's Papua New Guinea

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

So you should be pleased, excellent job :D

The only thing for me and this could well be limited to me is that I would not be too keen on the "ride me baby" vocals. I think the whole mix has a new feel to it but retains the original trippy charm of the original except for when the vocals come in. As I say though, this is just a personal thing.

Excellent job :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

:D
    Felixdhc wrote:
    So you should be pleased, excellent job :D

The only thing for me and this could well be limited to me is that I would not be too keen on the "ride me baby" vocals. I think the whole mix has a new feel to it but retains the original trippy charm of the original except for when the vocals come in. As I say though, this is just a personal thing.

Excellent job :D

Thanks Felixdhc :)

I actually really love the vocals coz I think it sounds a bit edgy or dirty or something but I guess it's something you either love or hate whatever floats yer boat etc!

Thanks for the feedback though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Right Giles...some critical feedback. :D

First off good tune to work on, and overall very impressed.

I'm in between yourself and Felix. I don't mind the vocals - in parts!
    Like the first bit definatley; only complaint would be the original buildup where the vocals get a bit more pumping...well it's kinda lost - maybe you could build up with it?
    The initial ride me baby vocals fit just fine.
    But 2nd ride me baby input is a bit early for my liking.
    Yet the change in bass melody very good just after this.
    Then the incoming heavy big beats a little intrusive, but maybe if that was a little cleaner it's good because once they settle in you don't notice them (in a good way!)
    The thinner end of the song (upto about 6 mins) goes on a little too long no?
    Did you fade it out?! Maybe not but I was listening to this over the weekend and I thought the original riff plays out 4 times at full volume?

Overall, fair play!

Edit: I havn't had time to listen to the mix yet sorry - busy at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Bri wrote:
    Right Giles...some critical feedback. :D

First off good tune to work on, and overall very impressed.

I'm in between yourself and Felix. I don't mind the vocals - in parts!
    Like the first bit definatley; only complaint would be the original buildup where the vocals get a bit more pumping...well it's kinda lost - maybe you could build up with it?
    The initial ride me baby vocals fit just fine.
    But 2nd ride me baby input is a bit early for my liking.
    Yet the change in bass melody very good just after this.
    Then the incoming heavy big beats a little intrusive, but maybe if that was a little cleaner it's good because once they settle in you don't notice them (in a good way!)
    The thinner end of the song (upto about 6 mins) goes on a little too long no?
    Did you fade it out?! Maybe not but I was listening to this over the weekend and I thought the original riff plays out 4 times at full volume?

Overall, fair play!

Edit: I havn't had time to listen to the mix yet sorry - busy at the moment.

Cheers good to have the feedback good, bad or indifferent! In reality there's alot more work I could do with this and I might get back to it at some stage. All I really did was overlay the two tunes so that they were phased correctly then I just used looping at certain points to give the best effect of build-ups and breakdowns. I adjusted the eqs on both slightly but only a very little bit while I was actually recording it. It's more of a mash-up than a remix really I suppose. Similar to what that guy did with Mylo's Drop The Pressure. He just overlayed the original Gloria Estefan tune with the Mylo one and they just worked together. Regarding your question about fading out the answer is no. I used the version of Papua New Guinea on Accelerator and it's the longest version around I think. There are two different versions (in terms of length & intro) on the single release so maybe that's the reason!

I'll have a listen again later and see what else I might be able to do with it. In the meantime I hope nobody steals my idea and does it better than me haha... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Haha :D

That new Mylo 'bootleg' using Dr. Beat or whatever is actually by Mylo AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

MYLO actually got the clearance for the sample & released it as his own.
    The original tune was a mashup by Phil n Dog that appeared on culturedeluxe.com which mylo liked so much he decided to release, i presume mylo has "sorted them out" (in a nice way)

Advertisement