Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official repeat exams thread!

Options
  • 07-08-2005 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Well the dreaded ''dumb-ass exams'' start tommorrow so who's repeating what, who's going to fail what and how did your exam go are the questions that shall be asked.

Well the last 2 exams of my UCD and college tenure are starting on Saturday 13th (1st Sociology 1) and Tuesday (1st Sociology 2) and after them it's failure and a year working in a supermarket. (thanks Sociology department :mad: )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

I have nine starting on thursday. Not that I failed that many this summer, but they're making me retake them all if i want to get into 4th year.

so my list is, digital systems, operating systems, graphics, formal syntax, foundations of computing, networks, ai, object oriented design, and maths. They also only told me I had to resit nine exams a week and half ago. up till then i thought i only had two.

its been a dreadful week and a half anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

4 exams in 1 subject.
    1st tomorrow, then wed, sat & wed & then holliers to hamsterjam!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

14:30 on Tuesday. Thats my only exam, but it won't be easy. Bah!

At least I live a 30 second walk from the Blackrock exam place! Move out to Bray on Wednesday, what timing! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

4 papers in the one subject like Kittenkiller.

Thursday, Saturday, Tuesday and then Friday. Unfotunately i have work in bewteen all those dates so I havent a chance to get out to Blackrick and see where the kip is.

Anyone know what way you go when you get off the dart at Blackrock station?

There'll probably be loadsa people heading that way with you so don't worry.

Head up towards the shopping centres.
    As you're facing the Frascati centre (the one with McDonalds), walk to the left until the 2nd turn up to the right (1st one's a small mainly residential road).

You'll pass by a pub (the name keeps changing), keep walking, straight through the crossroads where there's a shop on the opposite corner, & the enterance nearest the exam centre is just a few yards up from there on the right side of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

1 Subject. 4 Exams. 1 Bum.

Politics. First exam Tuesday, Second on Friday, Third next Monday, and the final one that Friday.

Can you say "ARRRRRRRGH"?

1 down!

Fcuk you ALL!

(o no, wait... many more to go... sh!t)

I retract my previous statment!

Fcuk you ALL!

F**k you too darlin!

Actually I think we should make that the UCD boards greeting of choice whenever we see eachother in the real world. It would totally confuse non-boardsies! :D

Anyway, how'd ya do in that exam kk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

F**k you Seb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

SebtheBum wrote:
    1 Subject. 4 Exams. 1 Bum.

Politics. First exam Tuesday, Second on Friday, Third next Monday, and the final one that Friday.

Can you say "ARRRRRRRGH"?
    Seb remember this time you have to stay till the end of each exam...no matter what!

• Advertisement

blondie83 wrote:
    Seb remember this time you have to stay till the end of each exam...no matter what!

NEVER!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lol... just realised through a random perusal of SIS Student Web that I have a repeat exam timetable and exam card... and was supposed to start yesterday... hehe. Admin suck.
    What's even funnier is that I'm still registered (according to them) as 3rd science honours... so if I actually cared about maths physics they probably would have let me into 4th year...

:eek: Seriously?

I start in 2.5 hours. I finish ~1 hour thereafter! ;)

yep... I actually never would have noticed this if I hadn't been just randomly looking on SIS Student Web this morning.
    Apparently I have 7 exams... lol.
    My LJ post about it...

This is where not sending stuff in the post gets us!

What ya gonna do?

Firstly, I need to go shout at admin anyway. (I'm changing course within science, I'm going back to 2nd year doing computer science and these dumb mofo's still have me down as going into 4th year maths physics for some reason). I'll do that in a few minutes.
    I've no plans of doing these exams. I didn't do my exams in May, and I had no intention of doing them in August (obviously the exams office have other ideas...lol). So when I get bored of spamming up boards, I'm off to shout at office monkeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sarz

oh crap, i didn't know we had a different exam number! *starts panicing* i don't think i will have time to get to a printer to print the card out before my next exam...

what am i going to do??? aaaaahhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Just take down the number off the screen and bring your student card, that'll do fine. :)

Yeah a mate of mine forgot both her student card and exam card today.
    She went in about twenty minutes beforehand and had no problems.
    She has an even more cavalier attitude to exams than I, but then again I actually want to pass whereas she really couldn't give a toss! :D

Cheers to JHJ for the chupa chups, they were great for the ole nerves this afternoon! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

so anyone had any exams yet, how'd they go???

• Advertisement

Had 1st Politics exam of 4.
    Civic, Republican and Contractarian Thought, and International Relations Theory.

It went ok, I guess. But more importantly, I got a lolly.

2nd of 4 in 2 hours.
    Am more prepared than the last 3 times i sat this paper.
    Go me!

Still though, i'm printing off notes i should've studied weeks ago (or years ago whatever way you see it).

I want a lolly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Oi, I *definitely* gave you a lolly!

:)

Can anyone please recommend me somewhere in the library that doesn't have D4's chatting to each other about Rogby, people listening to metal music and the sound of someone drilling holes in the wall? I've ended up sitting in 4 different locations and I cannot avoid noise of some sort and I'm losing my pateince really really badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

The first floor at the front of the library (with the big windows looking over the lake). I'm there now cause there's network points for the laptop. Music and d4s dont seems to bother me here. But the drilling is pretty much everywhere.

Except maybe the fifth floor. But you have to out of the library and use the lifts to get to it. I studied there before the summer and it was good, but im not sure its open now.

Thankfully most people have shut up now....... gaawwd my patience was pressed to the limits!

first history one in the morning. no past papers to go on for this one so fingers crossed they dont deviate too much from the summer :(

good luck to everyone else!

(ps: cheers to kk for the directions ;) )

first history one in the morning. no past papers to go on for this one so fingers crossed they dont deviate too much from the summer

Don't fret, oh nectarine-trousered one. They never deviate much.
    You'll be grand, so ya will. :)

SebtheBum wrote:
    Don't fret, oh nectarine-trousered one. They never deviate much.
    You'll be grand, so ya will. :)

dear god i hope so!

oh seb! you're finished on friday week too arent ya? im not finished til the afternoon but theres a few of us heading out afterwards if yourself and anyone else here fancies it? Aidan is coming up form Limerick so we shall be making a night of it :p

• Advertisement

Wicked! I am so there! :D

Where ya thinkin' of goin?

Advertisement