Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official repeat exams thread!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

One question was outrageous in terms of the amount of societies and functions within them you would have to anaylse, compare and contrast (about 16 detailed comparisons would have been required), another question did not make any sense and I'm at a loss as to where if fits in with the course and the last one was a choice of 4 essay titles but the titles were just OTT and were not significant parts of the course (complete minute parts). Allen's paper remarkably was missing a question, this time there were pick 2/3 unlike the previous 2/4. No question about Durkheim at all, no suicide, ideology or alienation (the 3 biggies, at least one of them had to come up!) bureaucracy was the only particularly fairish question (bloody hard topic though) and the other was a nasty comparison between Marx and Weber on 2 different topics which is quite simply ridiculously tough.

Those topics sound really, really interesting. It's a pity i couldn't chose sociology as part of my course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

kasintahan wrote:
    Those topics sound really, really interesting. It's a pity i couldn't chose sociology as part of my course.

Funny, I was just thinking that! So; is it a case of great minds thinking alike, or of fools who seldom differ? ;)

But yeah, looking at those questions, it certainly seems like something that would've been preferable to politics - but then anything woulda been preferable to politics so I guess that ain't sayin much.

But a very interesting subject, certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Interesting titles & topics but unbelievably BORING lecturers on way too early in the morning for freshers to concentrate!
    So you'd really have to do the majority of your work from the 1 or 2 copies of the course books in the library!

I *hated* it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Things usually sound better on the tin. I doubt Sociology is Ronseal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Sociology actually is an interesting subject........ pity that it's made ridiculously difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

I read some of Webbers stuff for the Information Studies exams as backup to the extremist libertarian stance i took. Definition of the the state as that which hold a monopoly on the legitimate use of force etc, ect. Interesting stuff, but really should have handed in more projects during the year if i wanted to get a good mark...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Stupid first year english repeats are icky.
    If i fail again im going to go mad cos i only failed by like .8% the first time.....grrrr.
    Roll on the 23rd so i can be done with books forever. Yay!

Is everyone else here mostly finished by now?

Nope - I have my last exam tomorro at half 9. That's Politics Paper 4. Goodie.
    And Peachypants has her last exam tomorro at half 2. That's History Paper 4. Actually no, wait, it's Paper 3. But it's her last one anyway.

That's right innit peachy?

Finished, failed, dunno what the frick' I'm gonna do now. Arrrgggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

*cries*

*Hugs Zane* Maybe it'll work out ok? :)

Snickerpuss - they get really snotty. Be smiley and nice, even if you want to kill them. I have faith in you! :D

• Advertisement

Blush_01 wrote:
    :D
    HEY!!!!
    Where's my hug, I failed too ya know!

Honestly, what's the world coming to when a guy can't get a hug when he's just finished failing a tough exam? Sh*te, that's what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 etherealgirl

I think I have failed mine again too. What a waste. I'm considering changing my subjects at this stage. Hmmm...

*Hugs everyone who wants a hug, whether they feel like they've failed or not*

Wow, I need a rest now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

SebtheBum wrote:
    Nope - I have my last exam tomorro at half 9. That's Politics Paper 4. Goodie.
    And Peachypants has her last exam tomorro at half 2. That's History Paper 4. Actually no, wait, it's Paper 3. But it's her last one anyway.

That's right innit peachy?

that is correct mr seb sir. (hows the head by the way?)

was a pretty **** paper that i literally had to blag my through.
    the fúcker left out religion, barabrian reputation and literature......all of which i did in may :mad:

cut MEH!!! im done now so i dont care

Blush_01 wrote:

I really wish I could say yes to that but there's no way I'll be in 2nd year. :( I'm looking at many options including repeating the year by doing one subject but there's no good options for me at all.

*Hugs blush for hugging me* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Blush_01 wrote:
    *Hugs everyone who wants a hug, whether they feel like they've failed or not*

I consider that sexual harassment.

that is correct mr seb sir. (hows the head by the way?)

was a pretty **** paper that i literally had to blag my through.
    the fúcker left out religion, barabrian reputation and literature......all of which i did in may :mad:

cut MEH!!! im done now so i dont care

The head? Sure twas aching a bit this morning but twas all in good fun!
    Last night really helped pick me up after such a dismal Politics exam. Knowing someone else there that did the same exam and also thought it was sh*te (and let's face it, she should know, she's done it enough times) was wicked.

So... How's YOUR head? :D

Thanks for the hug, Zane!

MNG, how so? I only hugged the people who wanted hugs, and I was non-preferential, hugging all those who wanted them, not specifically the ones who were unlucky enough to have two bad sets of exams.

Do you want an extra special hug all of your own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 etherealgirl

Does anyone know when the repeats results are out?

Usually early September, maybe about a week before we go back.
    It varies.

• Advertisement

Last year the first science students only found out a day or three before we went back. It's really not fair, especially on those who have to find accommodation for the year!

Advertisement