Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hallup

Options
  • 07-08-2005 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I need some graphic novel suggestions. I've read the Sin City series and Batman: Year One and Dark Knight Returns by Miller. I've also read Maus by Art Spiegelman. Eddy Current and Metropol by Ted McKeever. The first 30 Days of Night book. All of Jhonen Vasquez' stuff. And the first Mask book.

Does anyone have any recommendations to someone who liked these comics.

PS. I'm not a huge fan of superhero stuff. Unless it has a bit of a twist on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Maus is an awesome read - Everyone should have read it.

Born by Garth Ennis is great. Back story for the Punisher but interesting.

Spiderman: India is an enjoyable read. Possibly not to your liking though.

The Crow by J. O'Barr should be forced upon all!

Aimal Man is an underrated book imo as well, not the usual superhero stuff but still within certain familiar limits.

Transmetropolitan is still right up there for the non-superhero fan.

Personally, any Judge Dredd (pre-film of course :mad: ) is quality. Chopper being a great read.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, Top Ten by Alan Moore is an unbelievably immersing universe, may not be what you are looking for but worth picking up the first collection at least. Amazing read.

May not be what you are looking for but Born should do it for you if you liked the titles you mentioned in your OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Try
    Batman : No Mans Land Vols 1-5
    The Crow
    The Watchmen
    Animal Man , I Agree is very under-rated
    Punisher (Anything by Garth Ennis )
    Hellboy
    BPRD
    The Maxx
    Spawn

Advertisement