Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blubambu

Options
  • 07-08-2005 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hey
    What are yer thoughts on Blubambu? I was there last nite and thought it was quite good actually!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

Its absolutely brillent on a sunday night but the same as anywhere else the rest of the week imho. It should have some good student nights there when college starts back up i reckon, but its nothing special, i still prefer the savoy, and better than that spending the night in the brog!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

What is Sunday nite like? The music and people?

`Music is a bit of a mix, did you ever go to sunday nights in redz? you'd get some good dance rock and a few intresting ones like wacko and dire straits than some house music followed by whiskey in the jar. usually not to crowded but busy all the same, generally very few muppets, and no absolutely-plastered idiots getting sick in the jacks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The Brog can have it's charm occasionally.

Personally my memories of FX are far too strong to allow me to go into Blubamu yet. Although tbh, I don't really go to clubs much anymore. Too many muppets in most of the Cork ones, and I don't have the patience I used to have any more.

What's the crowd like Dimitri? Standard Redz type crowd or something different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

How much is to get in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Oh good Lord I hate that place with a passion. Like getting a free lollipop at the end of the night makes up for its crapness :rolleyes:

nesf wrote:
    What's the crowd like Dimitri? Standard Redz type crowd or something different?
    Depends on the night, personally wouldn't go in an asses roar of the place on a saturday night pure muppet crowd thursdays aint so bad and sundays are good. A lot of the redz crowd are in there but it seems to be getting some of the mangans/pav crowd so trouble there will be inevitable imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Dimitri wrote:
    Depends on the night, personally wouldn't go in an asses roar of the place on a saturday night pure muppet crowd thursdays aint so bad and sundays are good. A lot of the redz crowd are in there but it seems to be getting some of the mangans/pav crowd so trouble there will be inevitable imo.

Hmmm. My memories of Redz involve a lot of muppets, poor DJs and hardcore dance music (which isn't my cup of tea tbh). Haven't gone there since it's face lift.

It just struck as I passed on a few night (I live near UCC so I pass it when I'm walking home from town some nights) that there seemed to be a high muppet level in there. Admittedly this would be more on weekend nights.

And don't knock lollypops!! Brings back good memories of Freakscene's of old in Henry's! :)

And don't knock lollypops!! Brings back good memories of Freakscene's of old in Henry's!
    God thats going back a bit, indeed before i could legally enter such a premisis, sadly freakscene has gone down hill in a big way though dirty at the works did try to revive some of it this year. Ya music wise it has mellowed out from the hardcore dance of redz, however as I said before Sundays are good with a unique mix and is well worth checking out if your out and in the mood for a change from the usuall Sunday nights of curing the hangover and than bitching about having work in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I was dragged along to BluBambu for the first time Saturday nights. God be with the days when it was FX and I was getting in with my Bank of Ireland sponsored fake ID. The decor and the renovations are quite good but the crowd was tres skanger. Music was a mix of chart dance, chart rock, chart pop. Overall I wouldn't recommend it. Clubbing in Cork has really gone to **** though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Clubbing in Cork has really gone to **** though.

Agreed!

Advertisement