Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Mobile Phone for €150-180 ?

• 07-08-2005 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I had a Nokia mobile 3510... the basic grey/white model. I had it for 2 years and it was my basic PAYG model. I was with Vodafone. I used it for texting and phone calls and storing info. The basics really.

Now I have to get a new Mobile now and I have a budget of €120 to €180 to spend on one. I don't really know much mobiles in general but I hope I can get a bit more features for the same amount of money I spent two years ago.

For the budget range I suggested, would I be able to get:
    * a colour screen? (camera - unlikely?)
    * poly rings
    * More memory capability
    * Decent battery life
    * decent memory storage ( > 600K ?)
    * PC intefacing - either by bluetooth or other.

I used Vodafone's query tool and entering the requirements above into and got a few suggestions like the 62xx range.

Has anyone any recommendations or tips?

I see there is a lot you can do with them these days... like transferring books (100K sized ones)... http://bookshelf.sourceforge.net/en/screenshots.html

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

You should easily get those for your budget- maybe the motorola v550 would be a good choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

nokia 6101 has bluetoth but no camera is avaliable from 169 from vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

nokia 6101 has bluetoth but no camera is avaliable from 169 from vodafone

Thanks Cutie18Ireland,

Does it have any memory to speak of and a colour screen? I will check it shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 paul_the_red

get the 6020 or 6021.

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,1072,00.html

Now I still will aim for 120-180 budget (oh alright so... up to €200 :)

And must be pay as you Go...

The 6021 looks nice. Paul_the_red, How much did you pay for it ?

Thanks everybody for the suggestions so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

its around 169 with vodafone

Oh Dear... such is the latest craze of the net... I think I'm drawn to the Nokia 6230i...

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/nokia-6230i.htm

I think I'll go the whole hog and go for this. A big upgrade from the lowly 3410 you would say? :) Anyway, I like the usb link to the PC and the 32Mb. The 1.3 MPixel camera is a nice treat. And the price is decent 250-300 euro. 4 hours browsing... could have been worse! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

hamster wrote:
    Oh Dear... such is the latest craze of the net... I think I'm drawn to the Nokia 6230i...
    Have one myself and there a damn cool phone so many features, nicest phone ever for texting on. Got one on here for under €300!!..

Advertisement