Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL to upgrade customers to 10mb

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

Lump wrote:
    NTL won't upgrade, you will be plagued by slow internet access all teh time.

John

I made TEH SUBTLE funneh

Slow as in 1, 2, or 3 Megs? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fionn_McCool

Drapper wrote:
    Also, as many have pointed out they call themselves the providers of the fastest Home BB pacakages in the country, I believe in Dungarvan you can get 12mb to the home on coax. I hope they try to regain thier BB crown :-)
    ntlbell wrote:
    keyword there is provider, i think the one guy who lives in dungarvan who they could provide to thinks the net is what he catches his dinner in is.
    You're talking b*****ks there son! Check their site: www.cablesurf.com
    Probably one of the best cable systems in Europe. :p

caseyspeed.jpg

So, is that the kind of speed NTL want to achieve.

BTW ntlbell, there is far more than 1 user of cablesurf in dungarvan, more like 2,000 - 3,000
    ntlbell wrote:
    keyword there is provider
    get back to me when NTL is as good a provider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

He is trying to be an asshole.. Ignore him..

a total pro !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

caseyspeed.jpg

So, is that the kind of speed NTL want to achieve.

BTW ntlbell, there is far more than 1 user of cablesurf in dungarvan, more like 2,000 - 3,000

fruppin barstand!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

As far as I'm concerned NTL are a great provider. I'm on the 3meg package, never had downtime, pings always good, download/upload speeds always spot on.
    I'm probably in a minority and I know D15 have problems, but they're worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement

i didn't mean that ntl are a bad provider by saying that, as i know myself that they provide a good service.

It was just my response to ntlbell, who was getting all high and mighty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

ah I see, apologies for interrupting you both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

kin9pin wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned NTL are a great provider. I'm on the 3meg package, never had downtime, pings always good, download/upload speeds always spot on.
    I'm probably in a minority and I know D15 have problems, but they're worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

Ditto.

Cablesurf are the fastest in the country, but, overall, considering their considerable presence in three major cities, NTL are ahead of the rest on both speed and price, especially Eircom. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ah sure, anyone can do that.

speedster.jpg

but then I'm in work, and it's a big place, with a big fat leased line. ;)

would be nice at home though, where my BT client is. :D

tbh, 2mb would be fine with a decent upload of 512kbps to 1mb.

i'm still waiting for the LLU thing to happen so i can get something better on one of the business packages BT are 'almost' touting. been waiting since may though, and no sign yet.

and now we might be bnuying a house, so that might well be off the cards altogether depending on where we move.

anyone know where NTL BB is actually available so i can steer the gf to a house in one of those areas? :D

[align=right]13.16.137.11[/align]

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

1MB down is fine with an upload of 1Mb too ;)

The next step I'd be willing to part with more cash for would be 10Mb synchronous, and then 100Mb synchronous. As it stands, I don't mind waiting for "large" files to download or upload, bit of patience is all that's required :)

If I had 10MB or 100MB I'd just be severely tempted to download DVD images and/or start up a webhosting company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

vibe666 wrote:
    and now we might be bnuying a house, so that might well be off the cards altogether depending on where we move.

anyone know where NTL BB is actually available so i can steer the gf to a house in one of those areas? :D
    Waterford - it's about 6Mbps short of Dungarvan :D

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i could do with being just a tad closer to dublin. ;) i still need to eb able to get decent IT contracts, and methinks my options might be a bit limited out there.
    [align=right]13.16.137.11[/align]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

i didn't mean that ntl are a bad provider by saying that, as i know myself that they provide a good service.

It was just my response to ntlbell, who was getting all high and mighty

so you make up lies about companies when people are "all high and mighty"

your another dungarvan legend then i take it....

sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

ntlbell wrote:

He said when NTL is as good a company. That as can be easily overlooked and is a keyword in that sentance.

ntlbell wrote:

your another dungarvan legend then i take it....

sigh

grow up!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

time to be the bigger man and not reply the way i want to, to his comments. :D:D

Advertisement