Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Reverting back to XP Home

• 07-08-2005 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

My mate installed an illegal copy of XP Pro on my machine without my permission. Any time I try to get Microsoft updates it says my product key is invalid. I want to go back to the original setup which is XP Home, how do I do it? I have the recovery disc.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You'll have to reinstall Windows, which will mean a format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

yeah your 'mate'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

validation is kicking in !! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

bazH wrote:
    yeah your 'mate'

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭7aken

withdrew

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

That validation thing is simple to bypass!!!

Its known as a WGA Check and can be easily turned off....thats right....just deactivated!
    No cracking/hacking or anything as its only an applet.

I'd give more info but its pretty close to the wire as you already have stated your copy is pirated!!!

Format it if you want to get back to WinXP Home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

As Zuma said Format it, and put a BIOS password on it to stop such things happening.

If you have to, give your mate a login with limited account settings.

Advertisement