Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mortal Kombat..............III announced!

• 07-08-2005 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

According to imdb, Mortal Kombat III is in production.....from the same director as the latest Steven Segal film 'Into the Sun'........oh dear.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

oh dear indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Better than the guy who directed the first one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ha yay! more funny films in the mk series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Its been in production for about 2 years, they cant seem to actually start producing it. The title of it was Mortal Kombat : Devastation not sure if that will be the final name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've never seen Annihilation tbh, but after seeing the abomination that the first MK movie was, I didn't hold much interest in it.

As for a 3rd movie, I mean it could make a fantastic movie....could being the key word, but it's a shame how BOTH the MK and SF movies were botched beyond belief given MK's decent budget and SF's big budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Oh man, i cant wait... this is going to rule

...i hate myself

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If you thought the first MK movie was bad, Annihilation managed to outcrappify it in pretty much every possible way. They brought back Johnny Cage just to kill him off within minutes, and invented some sort of "souls of the universe" type characters to carry on the whole "it's not about death but life" garbage that they used in the first film.

That said...Annihilation was followed by a slightly-better-but-still-bloody-awful tv-series that seemed to go down the route of some of the old Malibu comics (loosely speaking, the main characters are rebels fighting Shao Khan's army in Outworld).

So yeah, this 3rd sequel is gonna rock!!!!!111one! Oh, wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The first film wasn't that bad.
    Compared to Street Fighter is was Oscar worthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Fysh wrote:
    So yeah, this 3rd sequel is gonna rock!!!!!111one! Oh, wait...

3rd sequel?
    so the fourth movie?
    can you actually count?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fysh wrote:

That said...Annihilation was followed by a slightly-better-but-still-bloody-awful tv-series
    that series had the best ending ever....not a happy one !!finally!

''Compared to Street Fighter is was Oscar worthy.''

sooooo true.

• Advertisement

3rd sequel?
    so the fourth movie?
    can you actually count?
    can you?

the series is one too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

I thought Mk films were pretty good, nothing spectacular, but better than what all you's are saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

They really weren't. Even production values were bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

I never kared about how good the films were I only ever sat through them to hear Skorpion say "get over here!"
    oh, and we must always remember that bloody brilliant soundtrak - all together now

test your might.......di-di-d-di...................dii-dii-dii.............................MORTAL KOMBAT! DIDIDI IDIDIDI IDIDIDIDIDIDIDI!

(You u have to have heard the soundtrak to truly appreciate the di-di-di and DIDIDIDI parts that actually take the form of mid-nineties style house music "beeps" that are impossible to recreate but fun to try) - its a definite download if you can find it

(also note the strange use of the letter "k")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ah god yeah, that title track was brilliant!!!

Orbital, was it not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

there was a mortal kombat 2?

[wistful]ah remember the days in the local arcade watching the kids who were really good at mortal kombat and trying to figure out how Sub Zero froze people[/wistful]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Ah god yeah, that title track was brilliant!!!

Orbital, was it not?

Apologies for resurrecting a long dead thread

It was Utah Saints that did the music, they have done sound tracks for several other movies, titles of which I cannot remember. One of my fav early 90's bands and very underrated imo.

Sorry

I will get my coat :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

theCzar wrote:
    t

[wistful]ah remember the days in the local arcade watching the kids who were really good at mortal kombat and trying to figure out how Sub Zero froze people[/wistful]

Down Bottom Right Forward Strong Punch ....noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reverse it and use kick for the ice statue move.

If you played the games you would have liked the movies, i watched one again on scif fi last week faily drunk and thought it was funny as hell.

MOrtal Kombat DE DE DEDEDEDEDEDEDEEDEEDDDEEDDEDDEDED

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Ah the soundtrack,the tape my mate has of that is worth its weight in gold. The metal song that kicked off side b was my favourite-after the main theme of course "MORTAL KOMBAT!" ah good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I have a video at home on the pc and it is scenes from Family Guy done to that Mortal Kombat theme, it's ****in' A most of it is Peter fighting the Chicken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

According to imdb, Mortal Kombat III is in production.....from the same director as the latest Steven Segal film 'Into the Sun'........oh dear.......

A friend of mine wrote an early draft of the the script for this film. I know it's been rewritten since then, he's not associated with it anymore, nor does he want to be credited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

theCzar wrote:
    there was a mortal kombat 2?

ah yeah, the good ol back back forward forward punch wasnt it?

i really liked the first one i have to say, the second one was on the sci fi channel a few weeks ago and i thought it wasnt bad, although i didnt like the fella who played raiden.

meh...

interesting bit of trivia, Cameron Diaz was supposed to be in the first one as Sonya, but broke her hand in training and ended up doing the Mask instead..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Roar wrote:
    interesting bit of trivia, Cameron Diaz was supposed to be in the first one as Sonya, but broke her hand in training and ended up doing the Mask instead..
    yer wan who played Sonya in the first movie was FINE!!!

Advertisement