Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Respray - How much???

Options
  • 07-08-2005 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

My sister needs to get her car resprayed, it's a 1995 MAZDA 323.

The car is in excellent condition with very low mileage, the only problem with it is its paintwork (it is red and is suffering from the fading and pinkness that red cars often suffer). :mad:

Can anyone give an estimate of the cost of a respray in red, I was talking to someone today who had had cars resprayed a couple of years ago for £400.

Would €600 to €800 be a fair price???
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Have you tried T-cut or rubbing compound on the paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

last time i got a quote from a company that does excellent work on show cars etc, it was around 2,000 for a full respray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Pinking is just the outer coat of paint oxidising. It can be removed with paint renovator.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What those guys said. And pardon the hijack, but has anyone here had their car cut and buffed professionally? What kinda money?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

K-TRIC wrote:
    Pinking is just the outer coat of paint oxidising. It can be removed with paint renovator.

T-Cut only lasts for a little while. Or are you talking about something else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Goll Mac Morna

Thanks for the replies.
    She has used T-cut before and it has worked well, but the problem re-occurs further down the line.
    Originally Posted by K-TRIC

Is this "paint renovator" a different product?

I think she will only settle for a total respray.
    I will let you know how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

www.carcraft.ie

you may not need a respray just revitalised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

between 99 and 149

these guys are great
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]colour restoration[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    fully inclusive of paint touch ups
    [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€149[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

The price of a respray is probably more than the car is worth unfortunately :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

commited wrote:
    The price of a respray is probably more than the car is worth unfortunately :(
    Probably true.

If she is resparaying with the intention to sell she'd never recoup the expenditure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Goll Mac Morna

Probably true.

If she is resparaying with the intention to sell she'd never recoup the expenditure.

Nah, she's not selling. She just really likes the car, she bought it in 1997 with about 8K on the clock. She doesn't do much driving at all (wallks to work) and it only has about 50K on the clock.
    It's a really immaculate car (like new inside, and in great mechanical order) the only let down is the paintwork (it's faded in places).

Thanks WOODY for the link, looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

I had some work done on mine a few months back.
    Had to get a good bit of bodywork sorted out (there was damage to the front left pannel and was keyed on both sides) and ended up getting all but the roof and the boot resprayed.

The work was done by these guys:
    http://www.gerrymaguire.com

All in all it came in around 2K.
    They were very good/professional, plenty of expensive cars lined up to be worked on outside too that gives you more confidence in them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

manchine wrote:
    The work was done by these guys:
    http://www.gerrymaguire.com
    Show me the money! SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Advertisement