Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick city centre (Urban Renewal discusion and updates)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Spengman

1huge1 wrote:
    is there? theres 3 road lanes and a small footpath, good luck to them trying to fit a bus lane, or am i missing something (would'nt suprise me)

No i wasnt talking about a bus lane, i dont think there should be a bus lane on the childers road, apparently the plan is to add an extra lane in each direction. While it might be a bit tight between the parkway and the ballysimon r/bout, they should still be able to fit it in, but theres piles of space(on each side) between ballysimon and the kilmallock r/bout, i assume this was deliberately left over to facilitate future widening. The childers road is set to become an inner orbital route when the second phase of the southern ring road is completed so imposing a bus lane on it would defeat the whole purpose of increasing its capacity in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Thanx billy

Advertisement