Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Care

• 07-08-2005 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Ok let me explain me the point of starting this Thread i love to hear about Customer care from mobile operators in Ireland both good experiences and bad ones post them up :)

Now the great thing about this forum is most people that use it can string a sentence together so please give reasons for your answers and examples if possible

NO "o2/vodafone are crap"

ill start it off simple thing i rung o2 customer care loooking for a unlocking code for a phone my mam is using now she isnt to advance but however she required to switch to vodafona and was happy enough with her 3510i so just had to get it unlocked , im also autorised to discuss my mams account so allows me to make the phone call , basically to cut it short the battery was going dead on my phone and the CSR i was speaking to offered to ring me back , i was overwhelmed by this to be honest and even better was when she rung me back with the unlocking code

thumbs up o2

More as they happen :)

let me hear your stories :) good and bad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Meteor probably have the worst phone-support I've used, they seem to have a script and no aptitude to deviate from it, meaning you end up repeating yourself a lot only to be told to go to your nearest shop! Luckily the staff in Metoer shops are definitely the MOST helpful of mobile-shop-staff in Dublin at least.

The worst mobile related service I've had though is from the unhelpful grumps in the Telephone Centre, Dawson St. They are my nearest Nokia centre so I've had to use them quite a bit, from RMA's to flashing, and they have atrocious customer service.
    They don't even acknowledge you when you come into the place even though it's tiny, they haven't got a clue about the products(Nokia) they are supposed to represent and worst of all they come across as if they're pissed off at you for disturbing their web-surfing when you have the cheek to enter their store and expect a bit of service and help with the broken 400euro-phone you just bought two weeks ago. I really can't stand using the place.

...and relax:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

keep them coming great example by the way :)

im going to bump this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i work in a phone shop and am always ringing through contracts with o2. the form they have on their screen isnt in the same order as the one ive just filled in. they ask the name (top of the form), then the bank details (bottom), then the DOB (somewhere in the middle) , then the forms of ID (3/4 way down). and they always mumble and speak quickly and they refer to things in a different way than they're stated on the form (eg they'll say customer id instead of account number and such). an altogether pointlessly confusing way of doing a contract.

and on the upgrade form, their form has questions on it that mine doesnt so i have to keep stopping and asking the customer the questions that should have already been asked on the form as im talking to the customer care person.

i was trying to port someone to meteor last week, sunday morning. the guy had to have been on the piss the nite before. he asked me for the number from the new sim pack, then wanted to be put onto the customer for some reason. i put him on but at first he thought the customer was still me. when the customer corrected him he asked him for his pin (the pin from the new meteor sim pack that the customer had never even seen. im supposed to tell him that). then he put me on hold. ten mins later he came back and said he forgot about me and that it had gone through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

In general I have quite a high opinion of O2's and Vodafone's Customer Service desks.. I have pretty much the exact same grips with both, the main one being:

- Lack of sufficient technical knowledge, with knowledge basically being limited to buzzwords. This applies to both first line and second line support depts...
    - Upgrades, or lack off...
    - Wait time, but these seem to be improving with Vodafone. I have not called O2 for a while however..

As for Meteor, any experiences I have had with them has left me pulling my hair out basically... I am not suggesting I have more than an intermediate level of knowledge but not one person I was speaking too in any customer facing department could speak with me on a level. Suggestions being restricted to turn a phone off and on again.. While this does solve a silly amount of problems, doing it more than once does not help..

• Advertisement

eh great emample there Commander Vimes from a agents point of view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Two positive CSR stories :D

Three - I ordered my phone online from their website last Wednesday, and the site all but guarantees you'll receive your phone within two days. So Friday came, and no sign of the phone. I rang the CS number, and got through to a really nice Irish guy who called the courier for me and rang me back. He said that I'd get my phone before they stopped delivering that evening. I rang back twice over the next 6 hours when the phone didn't arrive and got the same guy -- he dealt with a po'd customer quite well. At the end of the day when he finally couldn't get a courier or the delivery depot on the phone, he promised that he'd ring them first thing in the morning (Saturday) and see what the deal was. He rang me promptly on Saturday morning to say that the couriers don't deliver on w/e's but that I'd have my phone first thing on Monday, and he'd ring to check again on Monday morning. At 9am Monday morning he rang me and said the courier was on the way, and the minute he hung up, the courier rang me and I got my phone a few minutes later. I think he was really nice, and seemed like he really cared that my phone was late arrived (and he apologised sincerely too). Pretty much the perfect type of person to deal with when something's not going right.
    When I called the 3 number with a question about my handset, the Scottish call centre guy was really helpful and very friendly too. All in all, I'm happy with 3's CS (the delivery delay aside).

O2 - So since I'm now on 3, the time came today to cancel my O2 account after 6 years. Back when I first got my a/c, I was only 18 and they required someone to guarantee the a/c, so my bill was set up as a sub-bill on my mum's O2 account. When I called the CS number earlier today, I had to use my mum's date of birth with my number to get through to an agent, I was expecting them to tell me that my mum had to call them to discuss anything. Instead the guy was really helpful and understood that I wanted to detach my 086 number from my mum's contract and put it on Speakeasy. He had to pass me over to a different department, but it was a brief hold, and the second guy was equally as helpful. He quickly promised to send me out a Speakeasy SIM card, and assured me I could keep my number, and talked me through what I need to do when I get the SIM card without being patronising . After that, I'm actually not dreading having to call them back when I get my Speakeasy SIM to cancel the contract one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Agent Support and Customer Care are different things though...

Pythia wrote:
    Agent Support and Customer Care are different things though...

bad customer care is all the same tho :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I've always found Vodafone customer care very good. I have a business a/c with them and they are always very helpful. Had a problem with my 6630 lately (which is detailed in another thread somewhere) and they sent me out a 2G phone for free to keep me going until, and i quote the vodafone rep "we sort out our 3g network". Can be quite difficult to get the care reps to put you through to an engineer (or second level whatever ya call em) if you have a serious prob with your phone, but once you do they normally sort ya.

I have a Meteor sim for the free texts. Never really had any cause to call Customer Care. They were always efficent and friendly when i did buzz through. The one thing that does annoy me though is that they are not 24/7 available.

Recently got a Blackberry from O2. Customer Care for the data products is not good at all. Have had two problems with it and had to call through to Customer Care. First guy was ok. Second guy treated me like I was a bold child that needed to be scolded. He didn't listen to a word I said and just read off text...turn it off and back on, do you have signal (DUH!) etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭samo

mick_irl wrote:
    I have a Meteor sim for the free texts. Never really had any cause to call Customer Care. They were always efficent and friendly when i did buzz through. The one thing that does annoy me though is that they are not 24/7 available.

I worked night shift for Meteor a few times in Customer care and am not surprised they got rid of the 24/7 availability (although IIRC it was part of the licensing conditions at first) as you would have 2 people working all night and get 3 calls (if it was busy!) between 1am and 7am and most of these would be people too drunk to put their top ups on or insomniac prank callers!

(sorry Mick, not assuming you fall into either category!)

Personally, I found Vodafone very good for their customer care, although the experience a bill customer gets is probably better than RTG - couldnt fault them in any way.

Have recently returned to Meteor as a customer, on the occasions I've had to ring them thought they were fine and the call waiting time has improved much for the better also.

o2 - Never used them!

Advertisement