Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shock...Horror...The Sheer And Utter Disgust!

• 08-08-2005 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

I am ashamed to say that I now know somwbody who has a complete distain for the Monty Python movies...I think I'm gonna be sick...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Some people are born without senses of humour. Sad but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

But...but how? Are their brains not peoperly developed? Was their mother really a hamster?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I think they prefer the term "Differently Humoured"

edit: oh wow, this was my 999th post, i'll have to make my next post truely momentus, a red letter day in boards history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

In fairness only The Life of Brian is a good movie.

Meaning of Life and The Holy Grail, while being funny if you like that type of thing, aren't actually very good films.

*gasp*...heretic! Hiow dare you say The Holy Grail isn't a good movie! Do I need to list off everything good in that movie?
    Did your father smell of Elderberries by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

In fairness only The Life of Brain is a good movie.

Meaning of Life and The Holy Grail, while being funny if you like that type of thing, aren't actually very good films.

WITCH, HE's A WITCH BURN HIM BURN HIM.

You may never speak again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

The holy grail is cool, but you cant ignore the fact that the ending is terrible

TimAy wrote:
    WITCH, HE's A WITCH BURN HIM BURN HIM.

You may never speak again.
    Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system

Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I know a lot of people who don't care for the whole dressing up as a woman thing, really puts them off it. I just don't see whats funny about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

In fairness only The Life of Brain is a good movie.

Monkeyfudge banned for blasphemy!

• Advertisement

Hazaa Karl hazaa! Now BURN HIM!
    Wait...what's the Life Of Brain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I have weeweesed, MONKEYFUDGE!

Wait...what's the Life Of Brain?
    Well spotted...

And I'm back.

I actually do like all the Monty Pyton films... although Meaning of Life has a few weak parts in it.

But last year I sat down and watched The Holy Grail with a Brazilian and she didn't really get the sense of humour... and when you take that away you're not left with a very much else.

The Life of Brian is a great film even if you don't get some of the Monty Python humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I liked the Meaning of Life, was quite funny and side splitting in some parts.

Life of Brian I found to be just okay, but I have not had the good fortune to yet see the Holy Grail...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Get that man a copy of "Holy Grail" NOW. It's the best of the lot.
    So many funny scenes...
    white rabbit, bridge crossing, rude frenchman, black knight, knights who say "nee", "rescuing" the maiden girls, "brave Sir Robin" and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To the Heretics I say "Ni!".

In an appalling comic French accent -
    You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

LOL! I love it when people quote Monty Python. They always sound as funny as the person who originally said the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭De Mad Yoke

I bet kassanova wouldnt call the Python movies a milestone!
    Well I do!

'Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!' French Soldier, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Advertisement