Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Promotion...

Options
  • 08-08-2005 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

OK - so I'm a day or three ;) away from my next promotion (Corporal is it; the one at 10K global score?)... and I'm guessing that this is when I'll get my next unlock.

So far I've only unlocked the Sniper rifle (2nd level) but I'm just curious - what's a good next choice? I tend to play the following roles mostly:-

Anti-Tank
    Supply
    Engineer

But I've been thinking about doing some spec-ops as well. I haven't got that much use from the sniper unlock as I find it a boring role (removed from the action so to speak).

What do you reckon? Which weapon and why? Thanks in advance.

c0y0te

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Well im a bit of a c4 freak in bf2 (although i still don't have the explosives badge as Dragon will more than likely point out) and the unlock for the spec ops is pretty devastating even at long range on single shot, my only complaint is the iron sight instead of scope but thats not even that major a complaint. I hear the anti-tank shotgun thing is ment to be class too though, install the demo again and unlock them with the exploit and then try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

The engineer unlock is a bit crap. Personally I prefer the standard shotgun. American takes 2 hits (1 jump inbetween and you're safe), and the MEC/Chinese is close to full auto how fast it shoots. It's relatively accurate and gets the kill.

I tested the AT unlock. It's a bit slow and inacurate, and it still takes 2-3 shots to kill. But it fires like a shotgun. Personally i'd prefer the MP5 as you can get some more range, even if not that much.

Support is supposed to be a very powerful weapon. If you get yourself proned in a good spot you can do a lot of damage - but that is a bit like sniper - you have to be prone to do most damage, and often it can slow you down.

G36C (Spec ops) is an excellent choice. It'll be my next unlock when I hit sergent tonight. I've already got the G3 (another great gun - especially at huge ranges) and the Medic unlock (Lsomething) which is **** unless prone and firing small bursts or single shot.

But as R0ot said, you're best to test them for yourself. Get the demo reinstalled and unlock them and go spray some people. Test ranges, and up close, though i'd say you'd be better to test upclose on multiple targets as that's your most vulnerable situation unless you're in a transport.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have two accounts,first one i unlocked sniper rifle but its not as accurate as US M24.
    My second account ive unlocked the G36C [spec ops] and really like this little gun,very very accurate and a nice sound.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm going to unlock the spec ops one next. Consensus is that its an excellent rifle. I've unlocked the M95 sniper rifle but its a bit of a disappointment, having played with it a fair bit now. Damage is good obviously but its very inaccurate at range & I only ever use it now if playing MEC/China.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i unlocked g36c first, i think ill go for the g3 next as it seems to be fairly devastating.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

At last !

I'm tired of someone opening threads all over the 'net asking about which weapon to unlock absed on the weapon and not based on what kit they play :)

I went for AT and I'm very happy with it. The shotgun is powerful and because it's so fast you really don't have to be right up against them before you start firing. You'll also learn to whit out that pistol for distance kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

don`t know how accurate this is but here ya go...............weapons stats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Russell_Sprout

The default assault weapon is all you need.Best weapons in the game are the defaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

have you even unlocked any?
    the g36c is far superior to the carbine
    the G3 is way better for anti-infantry and CQB, the m203 is only useful for taking out jeeps and clearing blackhawk passenger cabins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Russell_Sprout

Ive killed lots of people with them "superior" weapons. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I took the medic unlock first, as it was the role i was trying to get the hang of when i got the first unlock. great gun, not the most powerful but thats only a disadvantage up close, and as a medic you shouldn't be leading the charge anyways, its accurracy makes up for the lack of power.

my next unlock will be the assault G3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

how many points do you need to unlock the 2nd weapon?

picked the sniper rifle first, and its great. nice and powerful, and quite accurate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Kiith wrote:
    how many points do you need to unlock the 2nd weapon?

10,500 I believe.

Advertisement