Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failure

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

in school, i looked forward to seein how i did in a ****ty class exam

although im worried, its gonna be so interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

*Roisin* wrote:
    Now I'm just excited! Bouncing off walls. It's just the curiousity ya see. Dying to know what I got.

How am I gonna last 32hours :D

Yeah, that's me too! Most others are scared sh*tless, but I'm more eager and curious at this stage! I only need 340 or so points, which is nothing compared to most, so I'm fairly relaxed.. a little TOO relaxed..*shifty eyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

Oh I was waaaay too relaxed. No exageration when I say I did NO study for the leaving cert. I couldn't even bring myself to care enough to cram the nights before! Hence the failing maths when I was getting a's in it all year! But still just curious to see how it worked out! Fairly sure I got around 400, but there's a course I'd loved to do on my cao for like 320, so I'll be happy either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Cheery title for a thread the day efore the results....

Indeed! I do always try to spread a little happiness! ;)

Although you may notice it was over a week ago..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

if your course doesnt list maths as a requirement, then of course you dont need it.
    and you cant fail the leaving cert as a whole, afaik.

some places will not take you if you have failed maths. a guy i know cant get a permanent job with AIB cos they demand a pass in LC maths.

its not the end of the world. and if you failed maths, you probably didnt want to be a mathmatician anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

This thread was interesting...all that panic and rumour and all it took in the end was a phone call to the college concerned.
    This is a life lesson I hope.

PLEASE people, do not get so uptight about Leaving Cert. results - there is always another way to get the qualification you want, and no one asks you years later 'Ah, but did you go straight to the course from your first Leaving Cert.?'

No-one cares - really. It is not worth the amount of stress displayed in this thread.

Mwah ha ha! I passed the stupid subject C1...oh yeah!

Going to Maynooth, I'm going to Maynooth! Anyone want my spare 105 points?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

*Roisin* wrote:
    Now i'm seriously worried cos I'm pretty sure I've failed maths. That didn't bother me because I don't need it for my course.
    If you fail maths no IT will accept you, its sorta an unwritten rule if I recall. I remember a friend of mine got really well in her LC and failed OL Maths and the college wouldn't accept her.

Dunno, but Maynooth were definately gonna accept me whether I passed it or not, as long as I had the points. Doesn't matter now anyways, but that's as I understand it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 civicgirl

i failed maths!!!! does that mean i failed my leavin!!!

Ring the college you want to go to straight away and ask them. It's depends on your course or college whether you can do it. Don't put yourself through stress about it so just ring them straight away and ask. They're really nice people.

Advertisement