Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel cot recommendation

Options
  • 08-08-2005 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭

Looking to purchase a travel cot for first family hol. Baby will be 6 months. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Going somewhere hot so mosquito net will be handy. Also must be light.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Hi,

If you just want it for the one holiday, I think it would be better if you could borrow one. IMO they're a bit expensive for a one off use.
    Personally, I also used mine downstairs in the house for my daughter to have a nap in during the day, so I got loads of use out of mine.
    I bought it in Mothercare (about €70 I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I have one, only used a few times. If you are a generally a nice and trustworthy person that looks after other peoples stuff I could lend it to you if you like.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Thanks for the offer, but the missus went out and bought the one on offer in Lidl this week.

Personally, I think it's gonna take up half our baggage allowance on the plane. :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Been on holiday so only saw this now - Samsonite do 2 travels cots

1 is the Bubble which is for up to around 8/9 months - it has a net and folds into a very small and light package - way lighter than a typical travel cot.

2. Is the version for up to 18months or so - it folds into a light package which is again way lighter than a travel cot.

We got ours on eBay - just search for samsonite travel cot ...

Advertisement