Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mirsubishi Carisma - feedback/advice

Options
  • 08-08-2005 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I'm looking at trading up to a Carisma.
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience / advice on whether this is a good car or one I should avoid.
    The car I'm looking at is from a dealer, <19k miles, 03 reg.

Any comments are welcome - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

They're pretty awful cars.
    Buy a focus or a mondeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Dull and dull. Not nearly as reliable as other Mitsubishis either as they were built in Europe not Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They were built in Holland along side the old Volvo S40. The S40 and Carisma share alot of componants. The best engine in the Carisma is the 1.8 GDi petrol which gives great economy. The 1.9 diesel was an old Renault unit.

The Carisma has been around since 1996 and has not changed much since then (facelifted in 1999). They were killled off in 2004 and were not a great seller for Mitsubishi. Depreciation is hard and the 1.3 litre 12 valve engine should be avoided. Build quality was not up to usual Japanese standards. Unless you are getting it very cheap with a good warranty I would look at something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Great Baldini

Thanks for the comments / feedback / advice guys. I appreciate it.
    I will probably give it a miss.

Advertisement