Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap ip phones

Options
  • 08-08-2005 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

anyone recomend anywhere for buying cheapISH IP phones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

http://www.marxcomputers.ie

have a few different types.
    Good prices, and they're helpful.

NiallB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

ntlbell wrote:
    anyone recomend anywhere for buying cheapISH IP phones?
    Or you could use an ATA (standalone or built-in to a router) and then use a DECT wireless system, normal phone etc.

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

causal wrote:
    Or you could use an ATA (standalone or built-in to a router) and then use a DECT wireless system, normal phone etc.

causal

The idea was to purchase the linksys from blue face the model escapes me, dsl/wireless/ethernet router with 4 phone ports and run the ip phone from the router.

is there a difference in the quality of the call with an ip phone compared to a standard phone with adaptor?

ntlbell wrote:
    The idea was to purchase the linksys from blue face the model escapes me, dsl/wireless/ethernet router with 4 phone ports and run the ip phone from the router.

is there a difference in the quality of the call with an ip phone compared to a standard phone with adaptor?
    Much cheaper to get a DECT multiset and use that instead of an IPphone.
    Quality I suspect will be negligable or nothing in most cases, certainly nothing worth the price.

You should double check the spec on the blueface router - I doubt it's DSL specific, and I'd be surprised if it has 4 phone ports.

causal

causal wrote:
    Much cheaper to get a DECT multiset and use that instead of an IPphone.
    Quality I suspect will be negligable or nothing in most cases, certainly nothing worth the price.

You should double check the spec on the blueface router - I doubt it's DSL specific, and I'd be surprised if it has 4 phone ports.

causal

sorry running ahead of myself 4 ethernet ports 1 phone port.

To be honest I need to purchase a good router that can do wired/wireless anyway so not too pushed on the price as i'd be purchsing something similar anyway

• Advertisement

Sorry just to clear up what I meant, i.e. I wouldn't pay for an IP-phone - because for the same price you can buy a wireless router with built-in VoIP ports - and then use a standard phone.

I just noticed that today the wireless router is no longer listed on the blueface website.
    iirc they had 50 or so in stock - so either they're all sold out or it's an omission.

causal

causal wrote:
    Sorry just to clear up what I meant, i.e. I wouldn't pay for an IP-phone - because for the same price you can buy a wireless router with built-in VoIP ports - and then use a standard phone.

I just noticed that today the wireless router is no longer listed on the blueface website.
    iirc they had 50 or so in stock - so either they're all sold out or it's an omission.

causal

Just called them there they'll have them back in stock early next week, took my email and said she'd let me know soon as. customer service is fantastic.

ntlbell wrote:
    Just called them there they'll have them back in stock early next week, took my email and said she'd let me know soon as. customer service is fantastic.
    True to their word: WRT54GP2 are back in stock @ €125.

causal

Advertisement