Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPVC door & changing lock

Options
  • 08-08-2005 10:12am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,
    We have a UPVC door in my dads, he wants to change the locks, has anyone ever done this, if so who would u ring, and what sort of process and costs might be involved?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Try Dyno lock on Capel street dublin, the lock went on my door a couple of months ago, and you get the flat high security keys and a card etc do that only you can get anbother key cut, it was about 130 euro for the house call, replace the lock and two keys, the locks that come in the door when you buy em seem to be crappy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Standard 3 or 5 point lock replacement barrel, is a 5 minute job + cost of a new key cylinder. You only have to change the cylinder, not the entire lock mechanism.

kadman :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Kadman, think we could do it ourselves without fkn the lot up? As you said it would be the same as any standard door i take it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Piece of cake. Is it 3 or 5 point. Any pic of barrel.

If you can change a standard mortice lock, this is easier.

kadman :)

Advertisement