Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cheap mx5

Options
  • 08-08-2005 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

just seen this in buy and sell. could be ok car

Mazda MX5 '93.Owner emigrating, quick sale, #2,500. Contact: 051-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

That's a lot of metal for the money, but lots to check too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I'd expect it to have 150,000 miles on it or so... not that the Mx-5 won't be happy for another 50,000 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

not in market for one but you never know, it could be good buy. I would actually expect roof to be in dog condition

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

hhhmmmmmmm,

If it is a genuine car, the owner would probably sell it quicker if they asked for €5.5K. People will be very wary of that price.

Colud be useful for parts though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Worth checking out, but tread carefully of course. Given that it's summertime I am surprised he is not asking for more.

Could be a failed NCT, or its NCT could be months out of date.

Even still, it does sound like a potential bargain. If it cost say €1,500 to sort it out that would not be a bad deal.

I personally wouldn't pay more than about €4,500 for an early 90's Mx-5 unless it was absolutely top notch, at the end of the day you are dealing with a 10-15 year old car so things will go wrong - even though it's Japanese made so usually reliable like most Japanese cars.

• Advertisement
Advertisement