Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL goes large with 10 meg broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,441 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That would be good, but:
    NTL is to crank up the speed for all its broadband punters by setting access speeds at 10 meg as standard. The upgrade to its network is due to be completed by the end of 2006

And they only refer to the UK. It might take a while for the offer to be available here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

unkel wrote:
    That would be good, but:

And they only refer to the UK. It might take a while for the offer to be available here

NTL Ireland was sold to UGC, so it all depends on them. From what I have read though, they are testing higher speeds (10 megs and beyond), and also plan to roll out faster service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rygar Drogan

They have never enforced the bandwidth issue (in my opinion). I think it depends on the cable loop that you are on. If you are on a loop with load of us lot then they cap it , but if you are lucky and live in an area where there are lots of noobs or users on other networks , they dont bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Was it worth the drag up ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement