Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming mice. On a stopwatch.

Options
  • 08-08-2005 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Ok. looking for opinions on people who have purchased these mice.

the ligitech mx 1000, and the razor diamondback plasma.

the mouse will be used for gaming purposes. im a hardcore fps player, so performance, accuracy, and sensitivity is a must. now, see, thing is, ive been told that the mx 1000 isnt good for gaming, because it's wireless. but see, none of them has confessed to owning one themselves. im inclined to disagree because its not actually an optical mouse, its a laser one. laser is by definition more accurate than optical. you can even stick this one right on your desk and it will track it perfectly. or so ive been told. what worries me about the mouse really is the fact that it is indeed wireless. ive had experiences with wireless mice before. not very pleasant. but all mice were not of this high quality. so, if i buy the mx 1000, ill be taking a risk. it's wireless nature means that there may be some latency, however, playing games without the wire might indeed improve my performance drastically, as the wire on my mouse getting snagged has gotten me splattered many, many times.

now, as for the diamond back plasma, ive heard nothing but good things about it. it's accurate, small, lightweight, has a wire, and has lots of buttons and comes recommended by lots of good gamers. its a sure bet.

now, im looking for opinions. and i need them fast. as of posting this message, i have exactly half an hour before i must leave my computer and make the crucial decision.

do i go for the logitech that could offer untold benefits, or drastic lows? or the dependable, but possibly inferior diamondback?

opinions, please. and hurry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

For gaming always stick to wired. With wireless there will always be a certain amount of latency, plus you really don't want to be stuck into a mad marathon gaming session and have to recharge your mouse :-)

Have a logitech MX510. Tis fantastic for gaming. Cannot praise them enough.

There is the newier version of it out now the MX518 which is more responsive (1600 vs 800 Dpi) and has two hardware buttons for increasing and decreasing the sensitivity.

As regards the razor mice, a mate at work got one as he is a leftie, razor are symetrical and can be used comfortably by lefties.

He was very happy with it and had no complaints what so ever. Said it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I've tried both diamond back and MX1000, diamond back is thinner, and has a lower profile, easier to manuver and lighter, MX1000 fits your hand better, the wireless is no worry at all, at least I haven't noticed and lags or skips and I play fps games very often, and in them I'm usually a sniper so precision of very important for me. mx1000's scroll wheel is easily the worst in MX series, I very often find myself accidently clicking horizontal scroll, instead of middle click, and the wheel feels very loose, razer on the other hand has the best scroll I've ever used, even better then MX5 series, I thought they had the best wheels until I've tried diamondback.

I don't know about other guys but I would not recommend MX1000 if you are going to play FPS, if you really want Logitech I'd go with MX310 or Diamondback

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

:rolleyes:

Here we go again. There is no noticable lag difference between a wired and a good wireless mouse. How long do you think it takes for a wireless signal to travel 15cm?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Didn't like the MX1000 myself. I don't know whether that's down to it being wireless or heavy and chunky, but I didn't like it, it felt slow and weird. I'd go for an MX510 or Diamondback (I have the latter and love it).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Here we go again. There is no noticable lag difference between a wired and a good wireless mouse. How long do you think it takes for a wireless signal to travel 15cm?

Thank you. There no need for me to rant now. Or wait, I could use it as an excuse for my off games of Battlefield…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah seriously, go wireless and don't ever go back. I kill more people now (online) than I did before because the damn wire isn't p1ssing me off and I have to keep pulling out of it to get some slack on it.

I think Ciaran500 picked up a HOT wireless mouse today you might be interested in :p. (in-house joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I think Ciaran500 picked up a HOT wireless mouse today you might be interested in :p. (in-house joke)

Meh, free is free ;)

Advertisement