Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Cycling Trainer

Options
  • 08-08-2005 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

I am thinking of getting one of these for the winter. Does anybody have one of these? Are they worth having? Where would I get one & how much would it cost. Any help appreciated.

Ger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Genghis

I got one of these last winter, and they certainly are useful for midweek training when the dark nights prevent you from getting outside properly. I don't know if they are directly comparable to the real thing, but they are effective for interval and strength-building sessions. One thing I find with them is the sweat and heat you produce is unreal. Do not expect to endure for longer than an hour if you are doing anything serious on them - they are definitely more intense than roadwork.

I think they cost between €100 and €300, do some research on the net, I think Fluid ones are best. Cyclops and Tacx are, iirc, two of the best brand names for these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭gerkiely

Thanks for those replies. I will do a bit of googling on prices etc.

Advertisement