Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emotional nitwit

• 08-08-2005 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Been seeing this guy since late last year, I broke up with him after three months as the relationship didnt seem to be going anywhere. He lives about 80 miles away from where I live and he came up once a week to see me, I have also been down to him too. Anyway, after a month he wanted to get back with me and that he wanted to make more of an effort. So its 2 months since we got back and now its drifting back into apathy again.

We talked on the phone recently, and we both agreed there is no spark. I guess its one of those things, but I cant help but feel disillusioned with the whole love thing. I always feel so depressed about the end of a relationship, even though I know its for the best. Surprisingly he seems fine. I hate being so bloody thin skinned, but I always feel so bad about it, even if its not meant to be. How does one get a thick skin for these things, Ive been here so many times and it never gets any easier. I just feel like the lessons that are being taught by life/love never quite sink in. Does anyone else feel the same? Or am I just an emotional nitwit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

Hi there, No it never gets easier, all u can do is learn from the experience and use that to help you in the next relationship, best of luck in the future,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

One can only learn by experience and even then it is always difficult to know what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

thinskin wrote:
    I just feel like the lessons that are being taught by life/love never quite sink in. Does anyone else feel the same? Or am I just an emotional nitwit?

I know exactly how you feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

thinskin wrote:
    Or am I just an emotional nitwit?

No your not.

No point in changing the way you are either - way change whats perfect. If you end up letting life experiences mould you incessantly, you'd turn into a cynical pessimist and lets face it, no one likes those.

Listen very carefully to what I say next. Hold out. Its the key. Unless the next bloke makes your heart go BOOOOOM, dont even go there. Everyone deserves their perception of their perfect partner, and if there is even the slightest snifter of doubt, then dont go for it.

Too many people make the mistake of waking up one morning in a relationship and wondering how they got there. Know exactly how and why you get into the next one and you'll never have to feel bad again.

K-

Now, on with the search.......

Advertisement