Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nvidia Drivers

Options
  • 08-08-2005 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Ok installed them last night , and for whatever resone some games just won't load.

CS : Source just tells me the video failed... can't get into it.

While another game ( DAOC) runs fine ........

Is it a problem with the drivers ? i've not overclocked it as of yet , as i'm still trying to get it run stable on it's basic settings, Any idea's ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Didnt even no there where new ones :rolleyes: . Are they beta ?? Perhaps just rollback to the older ones until bugs are fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I had a problem with Need For Speed U2 not loading a while ago and it turned out to be the new drivers (also nvidia) and when I rolled back it worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I'm sure a roll back will sort the problem, but it's that i have a bit of a GFX bug if i'm playing for more than 40 mins ... so thats why i changed drivers ...

Ahh well guess i'll just have to lump it :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

Megatron wrote:
    Ok installed them last night , and for whatever resone some games just won't load.

CS : Source just tells me the video failed... can't get into it.

While another game ( DAOC) runs fine ........

Is it a problem with the drivers ? i've not overclocked it as of yet , as i'm still trying to get it run stable on it's basic settings, Any idea's ?

had that problem in the place i work, try updating cs from source..
    i think thats how they fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Also the same problem with the 9.0c drivers. Rolled it back and alls grand now though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

ive had problems with new drivers & watching video content on my pc just doesnt like em! use old ones tbh all the new ones do is add 7800gtx support

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I tend to get my drivers from guru3d.com but only after others on that site have done some serious testing will I install them. Iv been using the 6693 drivers the last few months and they work perfectly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I found that i was having problems watching movies as well, Kept giving me sort of like a white haze over the Video window.

So i installed some older drivers and it's working fine now =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

On a side note, is there a tool out there for both Ati and Nvidia that uninstalls the drivers? Im having a bit of trouble as there are traces of each on my pc. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

www.drivercleaner.net cleanly uninstalls both sets of drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

WizZard wrote:
    www.drivercleaner.net cleanly uninstalls both sets of drivers.

Tasty fish. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I've had this problem like the OP's.
    Games just wouldn't run, or would be choppy, poor frame-rate, no problems with movies but...

Anyway, for the time being I guess I'll stick with my 'old' drivers, cos I've tried about 3, from the newest on down, and they just seem tow f**k my games up, tbh.

P.S. Off-topic but... I have DirectX 9.0c drivers and I'm had em for a while, but for some reason certain games just refuse to recognise them. Tis bizarre. Any ideas?

Advertisement