Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV2 - Everton vs Villarreal - Where???

• 08-08-2005 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any pubs in Dublin that show games on ITV2???

Is ITV2 on the 'standard' Sky package, or can we get it in Ireland?

Just trying to find somewhere that will show it... Thanks for any info...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

ITV2 is only viewable in Ireland on a Sky Digibox if you have a UK Free to View card. You simply exchange cards in your digibox and it becomes available along with ITV1 and Channel 4 and Five. They are easily obtainable from eBay (where I got mine) or a relative in the UK can buy one from Sky for £20stg. Also, someone is selling one in FS General.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I don't have Sky unfortunately. Waiting to get my NTL digital in.... thanks anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

TV3 may show it?

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    TV3 may show it?
    No unfortuantely not :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Come on Villarreal!

• Advertisement

^^^ good man... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

^^^ good man... :rolleyes:
    Mate, you wouldn't like to be a Celtic fan on here. :)

Anyway, your best bet will be a stream on the net. What's your upload speed?

Im on the NTL 3MB package so i think its 300 Kbps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Definitely live in Frazers on O'Connell Street (Dublin) beside the Gresham. ;)

cool thanks!!!

anyone know anywhere on the southside? Just easier to get to really...

• Advertisement

I think Gleesons in Irishtown may be showing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭toffeeman

Cool ciaran 76. Really looking forward to this match. Hearing the Champions League tune at Goodision will send a tingle up my spine. Just hope we don't get tonked. Anyone know if the Cat and Cage in Drumcondra would have it too?

As far as i am aware The Cat and Cage do not have ITV2 i think they onlt have the other European channels and Sky.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

eirebhoy wrote:
    Anyway, your best bet will be a stream on the net. What's your upload speed?

Eirebhoy any idea where on the net I can watch the game? I have often tried to watch games on the net but cant find out what site they are being shown on. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Kingp35 wrote:
    Eirebhoy any idea where on the net I can watch the game? I have often tried to watch games on the net but cant find out what site they are being shown on. Thanks

Some Eirebhoy despite his love for Celtic has an unerring habit of finding streams for games and posting them here. :D

You will need Winamp to view any streams posted.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

eireboy i tried to rgister to that streaming website u recommeded last week but didnt receive a confirmation email yet

I use this site sometimes:

http://www.tvmix.net/evento-1807

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

NTL Digital doesn't have ITV2 either, it's a pain in the ass as it sometimes has decent stuff on it (unlike the other two ITV channels). They have ITV1 and ITV3, seems strange that they would skip ITV2. Anyone know the reason for that?

Also, when are Sky getting Channel 4 and ITV?

Cuckoo's nest in kilnamanagh/tallaght showing this as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Its a disgrace its not on one of the major channels tbh. Easily the best tie of the round, and I'd much rather watch it than Utd vs Debrecen. I don't suppose Sky have started their multi-view CL coverage at this stage, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

I'd like to see the game meself but I ain't going to the pub for it :rolleyes: The multi-view doesn't come in until the groups a.f.a.i.k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I agree with Angry, would have been a great game to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

i agree with yiz. I was hoping setanta sports ireland wiould be showing it as they had scheduled in a CL game for tonight for the past week, but they have decided that there will be huge interest in irish ppl watching the rangers game
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Washout wrote:
    i agree with yiz. I was hoping setanta sports ireland wiould be showing it as they had scheduled in a CL game for tonight for the past week, but they have decided that there will be huge interest in irish ppl watching the rangers game

Setanta is an Irish channel, but it doesn't just broadcast in Ireland. It has a Scot audience too you know.

Anyway, if Rangers were 2-0 down at half time, I''m sure there would be a lot of Irish people interested.

Washout wrote:
    FFS! Who in Ireland wants to watch Rangers??? Except for those who wish to cheer on the opposition!!!

I have a feeling that if Everton to reach the group stages that the same 'discrimination' will apply. Arsenal on one channel and Man Utd on the other...

Bateman wrote:
    Setanta is an Irish channel, but it doesn't just broadcast in Ireland. It has a Scot audience too you know.

Their viewership would fall under Setanta Sports UK.

There is one channel for Ireland, one for UK and one for USA...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

FFS! Who in Ireland wants to watch Rangers??? Except for those who wish to cheer on the opposition!!!

I have a feeling that if Everton to reach the group stages that the same 'discrimination' will apply. Arsenal on one channel and Man Utd on the other...

In fairness, the discrimination in the group stages of the Champions League would be justified if Everton make it. Who gets you more excited? Thierry Henry, Wayne Rooney or Duncan Ferguson :p.

It's a shame they aren't showing the qualifier though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Their viewership would fall under Setanta Sports UK.

Fair enough, that makes sense alright. But it also begs the question of how many games people expect Setanta to bid for while still remaining a free-to-cable station. I would imagine that Celtic and Rangers' European games are part of the deal that brings them SPL live games; or at least, a Rangers CL qualification game costs a lot less that Everton - Villarreal. I would imagine there's a lot more to this than just Setanta "choosing" to show Rangers rather than Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Are you kidding? Arsenal wont get a look in with United and Liverpool both being there. Well, maybe on ITV, seeing as Carlton have a share in both the club and the station. Not on RTE though.

• Advertisement

Serbian wrote:
    In fairness, the discrimination in the group stages of the Champions League would be justified if Everton make it. Who gets you more excited? Thierry Henry, Wayne Rooney or Duncan Ferguson :p.

It's a shame they aren't showing the qualifier though.
    That wasn't my point... It was more about game choice than 'team choice' no matter who they are playing...

E.g. They would probably show Man Utd vs Macibi Haifa than Everton vs Monaco or Everton vs Juventus....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

mr_angry wrote:
    Are you kidding? Arsenal wont get a look in with United and Liverpool both being there. Well, maybe on ITV, seeing as Carlton have a share in both the club and the station. Not on RTE though.

Was about to make this point as well. Liverpool would get the nod ahead of Arsenal more often than not.. Depends if Liverpool's and United's games are on different nights though. Otherwise, we will be watching United.

Im on the NTL 3MB package so i think its 300 Kbps
    The reason I asked your upload is because the "in thing" now in streaming is P2P. My upload is a crappy 128 so most of the time I can't watch streams on P2P programs. 300 is definitely fast enough. You're probably going out to the match but I'll post this for those that want it.

1. Download Sopcat.
    2. Extract Files.
    3. Open Sopcat.exe
    4. In the URL Field, Paste this link:
    sop://sop.sopcast.org:29019/channel-1009
    5. Windows Media player (or other) will open after a while. It will a few minutes to finish buffering. Then another few minutes to get a stable stream. Probably 10 minutes in total.

Since its a P2P program, unlike Winamp links, the more people watching the better the stream.

Don't get put off by the bad stream at the start. It does take a good while. Try it now, the channel is on atm. Connect as early as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

You have no idea what it was like last year, they had united on ITV and Tv3, and liverpool was on ITV2, I almost ripped my hair out. What on earth was that all about. I share your feeling, ITV2 is most likely were everton will be relegated too if they make it through.

Direct stream for the match:
    http://200.73.177.44/alta

If you have a good connection though, use Sopcat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

eirebhoy wrote:

Thanks for that :)

Cant believe this isn't on RTE/TV3, its certainly the pick of the matchs tonight

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

C'mon Everton! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

eirebhoy wrote:

Getting an 'error syncing to mpeg' message when opening with winamp. Any ideas Eirebhoy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

That wasn't my point... It was more about game choice than 'team choice' no matter who they are playing...

E.g. They would probably show Man Utd vs Macibi Haifa than Everton vs Monaco or Everton vs Juventus....

Everton cant even sell out Goodison for this game kinda shows the demand for it. Utd havent sold out OT either but its not their 1st CL game ever.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Pacifico wrote:
    Thanks for that :)

Cant believe this isn't on RTE/TV3, its certainly the pick of the matchs tonight
    While I agree its the pick of tonight's matches, I would say, RTÉ will get better viewing figures for the ManU match than they would for the Everton one — even with it also on BBC1.

KevIRL wrote:
    Getting an 'error syncing to mpeg' message when opening with winamp. Any ideas Eirebhoy?

Ah it worked in Windows Media Player

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    Everton cant even sell out Goodison for this game kinda shows the demand for it. Utd havent sold out OT either but its not their 1st CL game ever.

kdjac
    it was something like 100 tickets left.... thats pretty much sold out...

Whats the story with that steam?

Didn't the match start at 20.05? All i'm getting is some cheesy soap??

Pacifico wrote:
    Whats the story with that steam?

Didn't the match start at 20.05? All i'm getting is some cheesy soap??

Same here. Looks like it was a dodgy stream

Any other streams going!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Tough luck for Everton :/
    Lets hope they can pull it back

PHB wrote:
    Lets hope they can pull it back
    No chance I'm afraid. There's very few teams, if any, with a European home record like Villarreal's. 17 clean sheets in 18 matches or something like that. :)

eirebhoy wrote:
    No chance I'm afraid. There's very few teams, if any, with a European home record like Villarreal's. 17 clean sheets in 18 matches or something like that. :)

I remember a lot of people saying the same thing at half time in the final last season.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Yeah theres no such thing as 'no chance' in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cept when your 3-0 down to acmilan with 38 mins left.

Advertisement