Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevie!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I've been awake too long.
    It took me quite a while to get it.
    Did get it eventually though.
    Go me!

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

lol, thats cruel, but cant help laughing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I too let a chuckle slip....not very nice taste though

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Then there's my fav Stevie joke:

Stevie Wonder gets a cheese grater for Xmas from a friend; meets friend a couple of weeks later, friend says: like your present? Stevie says: Man, that was the most violent book i ever read!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

And the penny drops.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

who's that in your sig joejoem??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

MooShop wrote:
    who's that in your sig joejoem??
    I could be wrong but it looks like Eva Mendes..!

PURR!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

You could have been wrong, but your not! Just as long as you let sparky know that she is much better looking than the hobbit he has on his sig, whats her name Frodo Cutherbert or something??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭delrun

lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I know I shouldn't laugh but I did, and that cheese grater joke, brilliant (yet so wrong) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Cheese grater joke was better :)

And Joejem, what happened to your sig? Where is she gone?
    Also, Sparkys' girl is nicer too.. muhah.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

Went over my head.... Please explain!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Went over my head.... Please explain!

Don't know how much to explain here...

Stevie wonder is blind, so the menu was written in braille

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

IceHawk wrote:
    Don't know how much to explain here...

Stevie wonder is blind, so the menu was written in braille

Oh!!! OK!

Thats brail.....
    I thought it was just a bad quality picture.
    I laughed more at my own stupidity than the joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Maximilian wrote:
    /me wipes the tears away !!!!!!!!!! f*cking hillarious LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

tallus wrote:
    /me wipes the tears away !!!!!!!!!! f*cking hillarious LOL

oh god im in tears, i needed that luagh

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

More Stevie:

Stevie Wonder and Jack Nicklaus are in a bar. Nicklaus turns to Wonder and says, "How is the singing career going?"

Stevie Wonder says, "Not too bad, the latest album has gone into the top 10, so all in all I think it is pretty good. By the way, how is the golf?"

"Not too bad, I am not winning as much as I used to but I/m still making a bit of money. I have some problems with my swing but I think I've got that right now."

"I always find that when my swing goes wrong I need to stop playing for a while and think about it, then the next time I play it seems to be all right," says Stevie.

"You play golf!?" asks Jack.

Stevie says, "Yes, I have been playing for years."

"But I thought you were blind; how can you play golf if you are blind?" Jack asks.

"I get my caddie to stand in the middle of the fairway and he calls to me. I listen for the sound of his voice and play the ball towards him. When I get to where the ball has landed, the caddie moves to the green or further down the fairway and again I play the ball towards his voice," explains Stevie.

"But how do you putt?" Nicklaus wondered.

"Well," says Stevie, "I get my caddie to lean down in front of the hole and call to me with his head on the ground and I just play the ball to the sound of his voice."

Nicklaus says, "What is your handicap?"

"Well, I play off scratch," Stevie assures Jack.

Nicklaus is incredulous and says to Stevie, "We must play a game sometime."

Wonder replies, "Well, people don't take me seriously so I only play for money, and I never play for less than $100,000 a hole."

Nicklaus thinks it over and says, "OK, I'm up for that. When would you like to play?"

"I don't care - any night next week is OK with me."

Plus, not really a joke as such but I like it:

From the Washington Post, 3/6/02, page C3:

Here's a vignette we're dying to see on the ABC broadcast of Sunday's Ford's Theatre Presidential Gala: When Stevie Wonder sat down at the keyboard center stage, President Bush in the front row got very excited. He smiled and started waving at Wonder, who understandably did not respond. After a moment Bush realized his mistake and slowly dropped the errant hand back to his lap. "I know I shouldn't have," a witness told us yesterday, "but I started laughing."

-- April 25, 2002

Advertisement