Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Giving lessons

Options
  • 08-08-2005 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm giving my friend a few lessons in a place you don't need insurance etc to drive so all that is ok. Just wondering, if he throws me a few bob, is it really worth it? Is he doing more damage then he is paying for? He's doing all the usual starting off things, conking out, spinning the weels, more conking out, engine reving, bad gear changing everything you can think of, and when I say conking out I don't just mean the car stops, the engine turns off and the car shakes like there is an earthquake :eek:

Is it worth my while do you folk reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, a lesson or two can't really do any significant damage. It's only if he's driving like that, in your car, all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd say I'll have to put up with another 6 or so hours of it, I'm starting him off with hillstarts because in my experience, once you master the hill start, everything else is a breeze. Of course, speed and awareness are a different story but control wise and car motion wise hillstarts are the big problem everyone has, or was it just me :D

Advertisement