Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6680 Battery Life

• 08-08-2005 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Is it just me (or rather my phone) or is the battery life on this phone really terrible ?

It's a lovely phone - great colour screen, good camera etc. - I'm generally very happy with it.... but

The battery life seems really poor - I am almost having to charge it every day - only using it for less than 30 mins talk time - hardly any photos or music or anything else ... the rest of the time just in standby.

Anyone else got this experience.. or have I just got a dodgy battery?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Is it just me (or rather my phone) or is the battery life on this phone really terrible ?

It's a lovely phone - great colour screen, good camera etc. - I'm generally very happy with it.... but

The battery life seems really poor - I am almost having to charge it every day - only using it for less than 30 mins talk time - hardly any photos or music or anything else ... the rest of the time just in standby.

Anyone else got this experience.. or have I just got a dodgy battery?

well in fairness you should be getting about a full day , day and a half out of the battery using teh phone as you described

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'm getting a day to 2 days out of mine with my normal usage 15mins talk and 10-15 texts plus fiddling with mp3's and a bit of 3g'ing. Sometimes get 4days if i don't use it at all.

Screen is a beast and must just eat the power up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Could possibly that theres are more programs running in the background that haven't closed properly or something along that line.

Mine generally last 2 days with normal usage
    lasted 1 and 1/2 days after listening to music for bout 6-7hours
    videos seem to eat a lot of the battery, but normal usage shouldn't like yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Check if there are programs running in the background by holding on the menu button, then pressing 'c' to close them quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭EvilDoctorK

Thanks for the suggestions guys - i'll keep an eye on it

I guess i'm just used to older non-3G/non-big bright screen phones which I would be able to get 1+ week of light usage between charges

Doesn't sound like the 6680 is going to do this (and I can understand why)

Other than that it's a great phone - my only gripe with it is the lack of a built in FM radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

I'm getting about a day of very light usage myself. I want my old phone's battery life back!

Advertisement