Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia on Ebay - too good to be true?

Options
  • 08-08-2005 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4567290242

Could be a bargain for someone - half thinking of bidding on it. Anything I should be immediately concerned about? I wonder about that DVD player, was it a custom insert or a garage optional extra.

Seems a possible bargain all the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I take it you're new to Ebay. This auction has 6 days left and the reserve has not been met. How is it a bargain ?? There is now way of knowing the final price on this at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Nothing about an octavia could ever be too good to be true.

Anyway, whats so special bout that. It's a grand, and there's 6 days left. I could go up by a further grand minimum. Then you gotta convert it to irish, then u got to play VRT when you want to register it here. Too much for something that isn't work it. Bare in mind it's the VRT that'll be the killer. My dad was thinking of doing that for a merc in the UK, even for a merc it wasn't worth it.

Dont waste your money. Get it here in ireland, it's not like they are that pricey here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Shrimp,

It is in ireland. The location is Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

The guy has a "Buy-it-now" price on it of €12.5k. That is an excellent indication of his expectations. He probably has a reserve on the item (meaning that if at the end of the auction the highest price is less than a certain amount, he is not obliged to sell), and I would guess his reserve issomething close to this €12.5k.

The car won't go for €1,000 or anything near it imho.

That said, there is no loss in trying, why not stick in a bid and see? Just don't go over what you think the item is worth and what you can / are prepared to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

There is no such thing as a GLX1.4 Octavia. There is an "Ambiente" which is roughly equivalent to GLX. GLX was only used pre 2001 facelift.

If the guy doesn't know what he's selling, you can be sure that you don't know what you're buying :)

• Advertisement

He also seems to have a "thing" for kinky underwear. I personally wouldn't buy a car from someone on ebay if they just had 5 feedback points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

haha indeed he does...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

LOL!

Maybe he'll throw in his Kate Bush Greatest Hits album with the car too!

Just don't look in the glovebox... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Or even better - he'll take a pic of himself in the kinky undies with his digital camera!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

K-TRIC wrote:
    I take it you're new to Ebay.

I take it you didnt click on my sig. Does that rep look like a newbie to you ;)

ds20 - thats what caught me out aswell. Im waiting on a reply to that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Check for the stains on that back seat ;)

I take it you didnt click on my sig. Does that rep look like a newbie to you ;)

ds20 - thats what caught me out aswell. Im waiting on a reply to that.

Sorry mate, I have sig's turned off. I take it back. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

lol that ebay profile is worth a laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

ando wrote:
    lol that ebay profile is worth a laugh :D

:)

More info on that skoda:
    glx is on the registration certificate,its an ambience,yes dvd
    is a custom insert with hook up for play station 2 also poinner mp3 sound
    system.we only bought this car last sept then the wife bought a horse this
    summer so she bought a jeep to pull the horse box. i have put in extra pic
    hope to hear from you regards tom