Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help finding tyres pls.

Options
  • 08-08-2005 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The motor needs a new set of tyres and the owner (my dad) wants the same set of tyres that have been on it since it was bought!

The problem is i don't think many people stock Michelin tyres. I've done a bit of google'in
    and was not able to find somewhere stocking the same tyres. (195/65 R15 91T-XT2)

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out in the search for a garage that stocks them.

Otherwise - has anyone used these guys - www.eiretyres.com ?? If we can't find the same tyres I'm hoping to get a set
    at a reasonable price at least.

Also, is 73k alright mileage for a set of tyres?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Any main dealer or big tyre fitting place (advance pitstop etc.) will be able to get Michelin tyres But they'll have to order them as they probably won't have them in stock. Also, the exact model of Michelin that your dad is looking for may not be available as they may have been superceded by a newer model.

He will pay through the nose for the tyres. In this country, very few people go for Michelin when replacing tyres due to the expense

BTW 73k is amazingly good mileage for a set of tyres. The most I have ever heard anyone getting out of a set was 55k.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

Peace wrote:
    Also, is 73k alright mileage for a set of tyres?

73k ? Holy moly. I;ve never heard of anyone getting over 20 to 25k from a set of tyres.. Even the ones that come on a new car which usually last longer than any you buy afterwards.

I used to get about 8k from the Good Year Eagle F1's. Fantastic grip though !

Sorry, can't recommend anywhere for you to buy !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Wow, maybe there was a tyre change that we ave forgotten about but i don't think so.

Thanks for the replies guys..

Any takers on www.eiretyres.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I've used eiretyres. No complaints really. The prices were good and they delivered to a tyre fitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

michelins are the best wearing tyre by far, thats why they always seem so expensive. if you dont drive like a lunatic they will last for ages so its quite possible that they did 73k ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement